Hearts & Minds.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PE4rocks, Sep 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. You couldn't make it up;

BBC linky

Unfortunate to say the least.

This may need moving to the NAAFI

2. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Exceptionally unfortunate. I presume there's a reason for not simply emptying the leaflets out of the boxes as you go?

3. Now that's what I call re-cycling. I wondered what my council did with all the cardboard boxes they collect.
    Who needs expensive "smart" bombs, when we've got the ability to kill with boxes at 10,000ft?
    A shame it was a young girl that got hit though.
    Obviously the targeting system needs looking at. Those empty re-cycled glass bottles don't seem to be up to the job.

4. I can see the rock-ape’s statement now;

"Well I thought the box looked flimsy so I just taped it up!" :?

5. Well I`m impressed the RAF never really got the accuracy thing off to a tea before this. I`m thinking Hankley Common, woods and golf courses.

6. The boxes are usually tethered to the aircraft. Once the box is lobbed out of the aircraft and the static line goes taut, the boxes spill their contents. Throwing loose paper straight into the slipstream just isnt going to work.

7. I'm wondering how much this is going to cost the MOD in compensation

Probably far more than the guys who get blown up by IEDs will ever receive :x :x

8. Actually it's likely to be far, far less. Normally around $300 for a death and sadly considering she's female might even be less.

9. Probably not.
    Who are you directing your anger at, the girl and her family? You haven't really got the feel for hearts & minds yet have you. :roll:

10. Your right, I should check the facts first :oops: Just googled it, payout for single fatality of a female is £127 ($210)

Thanks for the sensible answer 5A, I think it's the first one I've seen where you don't completly ridicule someone :D

11. it probably didn't happen, it's the Afghan version of a "no win no fee" insurance claim.

12. Clearly a case of the pen being mightier than the sword.