Heartbreak Ridge!!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by zero-over, Feb 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is there a better, more accurate documentary than Heartbreak Ridge? It confirms everything I've always assumed about the US Marines.

Is there a film of this high calibre that I could see that would give me information about this British Army thing I've seen so much about? I've yet to see a film that accurately portrays the true nature of the baby-killing, raping, gold looting, innocent civvie punching Squaddie that I know and love so well.

Can anyone suggest a film I could watch?
  2. Wild Geese?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Read a book by Gunner Milligan.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

I think we can all see your basic problem here...
  6. Carry on Sergeant?
    Carry on up the Khyber?
    • Like Like x 2
  7. I'm with you, brother. "Stick your chin out...... Further!" On the box now.
  8. A bit of history, to be sure, to be sure.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Toy soldiers
  10. Watching it too! Ad breaks are boring

Great line - tear off his head, take dump in it and then eat it

Motherfuckin A Gunny Hooraw!
  11. As I recall, the USMC decided that the film was crap and withdrew their support for the production. Not sure why, except that it really is a crap film, to be honest.

As befits the Corps, they were a bit slow on the uptake and the film makers had more or less finished before the Marines told them to cease filming.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yep i agree, when they went to take back that island, it was all abit shite really
  13. Watch 'An Ungentlemanly Act', proper film.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Dog Soldiers.

Watch as evil squaddies abuse innocent animals that are living, dead or undead. They also eat human flesh announcing that it tastes just like pork, so offending Muslims, nick all the silver jewellery they can get their hands on and, worst of all, throw up on then kill the heroic bloke who was first on the balcony just because he hadn't had a shave for a couple of days and was getting a bit hairy. We'll not even mention blowing up some poor bugger's cottage for a laugh.

Wasn't there supposed to be a sequel? Dog Soldiers: Fresh meat