Heart Transplant

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Bowser-Mong, Jun 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. On an other wise dark day when we mourn the loss of more of our personnel thougt this bit of good news might be appreciated by some of you. 18 month old girl Zoe Chambers is stable after a heart transplant. This little girl had 6 heart attacks and was placed at the top of the European Transplant list.

I hope she recovers fully.

2. That's one good bit of news. If I can keep reminding myself that sometimes good stuff like this happens, i'll be able to stay sane. I hope she recovers fully too.

3. Good luck to the child. God speed her a full and quick recovery.

4. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

The courage and fortitude of some of these young children is amazing
    If you have ever had to visit a specalist childrens unit and see these young people playing and smiling with tubes and all sorts of machines hooked to them it's enough to break your heart but to inspire you at the same time

All the very best to her and a speedy and full recovery

5. Wonderful news, I saw her parents on the television while they were awaiting news of a donor, lets hope she fully recovers and has a long, healthy, happy life.
    Its worth remembering that joy for her parents will be equalled by agony for another set of parents whose child will have died. We should remember the parents of the dead child and their courage and decency in donating the childs organs at the worst moment of their lives. Lets hope the realisation that part of their child is keeping another child alive will give them some comfort.

6. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Well said

7. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Seconded.

8. nice one

9. If, God forbid, anything happened to either of mine, I hope I would have the courage to do this amazing thing for a stranger's child. I can't imagine the strength that must have taken.

10. All the best to the little mite. Here's hoping she is up and about soon.

11. She's in good hands, my lad had an ASD and VSD repaired at the Freeman, the staff are excellent

12. Before i had my boys, i would have read this post and thought what a bunch of softies you lot are.

Now having sprogs of my own, it sort of fills you with a sense of dread that this could happen to one of your own, and relief that it hasnt, and even more relief that there are people in the world that will take what must have been an agonising decision to donate their childs heart so that another can live.

I hope the little lady does well.

13. Things that make me smile while watching today "news" seem to be getting less with each day, Paris Hilton ? so what, Blair going ? one goes out one goes in still going to get screwed whichever, but the little baby getting the heart she needs ? thats worth a smile.

14. In a day that was filled with so much sadness it's good to hear that one as small and frail as her is in with a fighting chance.
    I hope all goes well for her and her parents.

fastmedic

15. Thoughts go out to the family of the donor child, who had to make a brave and unselfish decision.