Heart Rate Monitors - PC compatible all singing all dancing.

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by BuggerAll, Jul 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Mrs BA wants an all singing, all dancing PC compatible heart rate monitor/training computer does anyone have any recommendations either for what is the mut's nuts or what is just a dog.
  2. Always liked my Polar. It has a weird interface to the PC which accesses the computer through the mic., but it works well once you're used to it.

It doesn't have mapping but so long as you know the length of the run it provides the information you need.
  3. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I've just looked at the Forerunner 305 and 405 both look like the mut's bits.
  4. I have the Garmin 405, it's quality. Similar to the 305, only newer and smaller. I use it on all of my bike rides, runs and tabs.
  5. Suunto is pretty decent - simple to use and lots of available gubbins to add if required.

6. Depends on the price and what else she wants to do with it, but look up the forerunner 310 xt.

It's taken the best features of the 305 and 405 and made them waterproof. Neither of those models take into account calorie burn based on HR for example, the 310 does. However it is £250-£300.
    I personally have a 305 and think it's excellent, however I never link it up to the PC (the metal contacts on the 205 and 305 are an issue after a few months in that you can't get the data off the thing, which is why the ANT technology is good).

Another option for you: http://www.wired.com/reviews/product/Polar_RS800CX

Very well regarded and from all accounts a computer on your wrist.