Heart Rate Monitors - Heart Rate Monitors UK

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by currymunter, Dec 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone bought from these folk? Heart Rate Monitor Shop

The prices seem to be too good. Are they another Telford watches outfit? This is not a spam email and I am genuinely interested in buying a HRM at the right price.

2. I've never bought an expensivee item like a HRM from them but bought accessories ie replacement straps, conducting gel. They offer an excellent service and it's very quick

I'm likely to be in the market for a Garmin after Christmas and they are the first place I'd look - I wouldn't have any hesitation with parting with my money there

3. Garmin are a good choice. I have a forerunner 305, excellent piece of kit.

Although there is some issue with the contacts with mine after about 3 months of operation.

4. Bought my Polar from them about 3 years ago, no probs with them or the HRM.

5. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Slightly off thread, but related. I have used HRMs, and never found them to be very accurate so never persevered. I doubt it is the kit, more likely the result of a poor fit on the pick up strap or poor contact. It results in wildly fluctuating readings, making training to heart rate impossible.

Is it worth spending much more for one of the higher spec models on this site or the conducting gel?

6. Which one you using? I've had 2 Polars and they've been spot on, always thought they were a bit gimmicky when they came out but I swear by it now as it's always a good pointer for me when I'm starting to come down. If it is coded it shouldn't pick up interference from anyother electrical item around but sometimes they play up. I always just spit on the back of mine and never bothered with the gel and it was ok.
    I'm due an upgrade and was looking at the Garmin 405 but as they're pretty new I'm waiting to see what the reviews are like.

7. I can see that you are VERY busy at work today! :)

8. Admin time mate!!!

9. Also try http://www.leisureways.co.uk/

I've used them a few times before and service has been good.

Have you had your heart checked out? 8O

10. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Jack,

I have an Oregon Scientific, but couldn't tell you which model.

11. Not had any dealing with those ones I'm afraid.