heart murmur - pre selection checkup

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by stvwardy, Aug 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. anyone think its wise?

ive heard of plenty of people having been deferred for Heart Murmurs, and i thought i'd prempt being sent home if i have one, by having my local GP do a checkup and medical report, that i could take with me to selection, incase i do get deferred,

anyone think this is a good idea, i thought it showed my will to force my way in as quick as possible {in a non sexual sense}

cheers for the replies!!!!
  2. Not 100% sure, but for my deferral I had to go and see a military appointed doctor for the two required tests, so I wouldn't have thought so!?
  3. Unless you know you have a Heart Murmur, why ask for an ECG to be done? Stop worrying, just go and you will be fine!!!
  4. Its quite common, you will probably get refered for a checkup thats all, dont worry about it. I had a heart operation, was refered on 2 things i think. Sent me off to a hospital was in there literally 20 mins, sorted.
  5. If you where diagnosed when you were a kid the chances are your have grown out of it. Nothing to\ worry about.
  6. Just got mine cleared yesterday, yeah to clear this one up-
    Last year my father had to do exactly the same tests too check his heart and had to wait 6months for an appointment through the non-invasive cardio section wheras I was deffered and got a check up within the week. So yeah probably pointless but doubt you could get an appointment quick enough anyway, its not your GP who does a check up, need to go to the hospital to get it all sorted.