hearing test question

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Speed_Air_Man, Apr 21, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. just had a hearing test done (part of my 2 yearly full body check up, it pays to be in BUPA after all!)

I'm not due for RSC until later in the year but I'm curious about what standard the Army have.

The sum total of my hearing thresh-holds from 0.5 to 6 khz are:-

Left ear - 20 db

right ear- 15 db

Is this within the acceptable parameters?

Thanks again guys, S.A.M.

2. pardon ?

3. Say again all after....

4. whiffler & armourer: play nice, it's not the NAAFI! :wink:

5. You're wasting your time Dozy - they can't hear you

6. arf arf ! should have known that was coming :?

Quick fire but it doesn't work the same as my eye sight standard question thread. ( unless I make it a Voice message thread but then I'll find it hard to walk, with all the lovley ladies hanging off my legs when they hear my dulcet tones :roll: )

Still time for a sensible answer, it's not usually till page 2 or 3 does an arrse thread descend in to a cake and arrse party! :wink:

S.A.M.

7. PULHEEMS
    H1 H1

8. I didn't see that one. No sensible answers I'm afraid, my Pulheems over the years were practical rather than technological - ie "Cough", if you did your hearing was OK.

9. Was your hearing test carried out by a Qualified Professional (CMT) or was it left to someone from Physiological measurements for the usual second rate service. I heard that.....PARDON

10. That hearing test is stupid anyway..... if they turned the volume up fewer people would fail the damn thing!