Heard a rumour today

I heard a rumour today that the new DRLC is not a fan of Stable belts and that we are going back to green working belts.

Anyone heard such rumour??

Yes was told ths afternoon to get my stable belt off and back to the Green one???
New brush sweeps clean and all that bollocks?

B

Bottleosmoke

It aint a rumour. "With immediate effect" is the words I read on an email received today. So if your wearing a stable belt tomorrow with CS95 you are incorrectly dressed.

If a sapper may make a polite enquiry, do you not have one of your amusing DRLC cartoon tales to explain this stable belt mullarkey?

Look on the bright side you will not have to suffer the same fate as REME OR's and purchase side fastening stable belts and lose the centre fastening beer bottle opening stable belts. See the REME thread on stable belts.

Mind you the next DRLC may consider side fastening stable belts are the 'in thing'.

Remember you heard it here first.

What a big bag of bollox. How much of an 'it's my train set' mentality is this?

Like DB216 says, the next chappie will no doubt decide 'no TRFs' or TRFs on the back of berets or some such crap!

P-T

*Just seen it's Army wide* Sorry Mr DRLC!

Bonus, after most of my young soldiers have forked out for them.

Will we be wearing name tags again next week?

Stable belts remain de rigueur in barrack dress of course; something that a completely separate rumour has suggested we shall be seeing a deal more of in the future (assuming we have one (a future that is)).

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Was at a T.A. passout today at Grantham
Lads were encouraged to go to the PRI and get a belt

Must be getting rid of the stock

Stable belts remain de rigueur in barrack dress of course; something that a completely separate rumour has suggested we shall be seeing a deal more of in the future (assuming we have one (a future that is)).
Barrack dress or lightweights? I dont think we hold enough of either in Bicester to supply the Corps, never mind the rest of the army.

What a big bag of bollox. How much of an 'it's my train set' mentality is this?

Like DB216 says, the next chappie will no doubt decide 'no TRFs' or TRFs on the back of berets or some such crap!

P-T

Ha ha, don't say that, brother, jeez, I'll be buying TRFs next.

*Just seen it's Army wide* Sorry Mr DRLC!
Oh f*ck :omfg:

As the RLC dress regs states:

Stable belts MAY be worn whilst in barracks. Whilst in the field or on exercise working belts will be worn.

It also states that a face veil MAY be worn as a cravat under the shirt.

So sell your stable belt and buy a face veil!

As the RLC dress regs states:

Stable belts MAY be worn whilst in barracks. Whilst in the field or on exercise working belts will be worn.

It also states that a face veil MAY be worn as a cravat under the shirt.

So sell your stable belt and buy a face veil!
For 'may' read 'at command and not individual discretion' and all may become clear.

And as soon as I was told that I said to the Troop Commander..........."What's the bet that the next email the SSM sends out is no 58ptn belts?"

And it only took 50mins to appear!......................to be fair though he was out of the office at the time of the original email.

Its just a belt, it was always a bit nob wearing camo with a rainbow in the middle so going green is a winner. Hardly surprised that there are SSM's doing the old 'no 58 Pattern' line, there are some that think thats what being a SSM is all about ! Still if all you have to worry about is a belt, its a good life you lead

Still if all you have to worry about is a belt, its a good life you lead
It's the British Army of 2010, the two biggest threats facing us today are soldiers wearing the wrong belt and soliders with sideburns an eighth of an inch past the centre of their ear.

Thank God all the unpleasantness of the past has gone and we can start to focus on the things that really matter.

And as soon as I was told that I said to the Troop Commander..........."What's the bet that the next email the SSM sends out is no 58ptn belts?"

And it only took 50mins to appear!......................to be fair though he was out of the office at the time of the original email.
Are you at 11 Regt now? I heard a rumour today that 11 Regt is getting an RSM. Which could be interesting, especially as he won't be the presiding member.