Hearbreaking video

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by msr, Sep 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

2. Bit of spread betting coming up on the remaining dinosaurs me thinks.
  3. This line says it all really:

US Treasury Secretary Mr Paulson said he "never once" thought it would be right to use taxpayer's money to solve Lehman's problems.

Our gobmint thought it was OK to do exactly that with Northern Rock.
    Tw4ts. :x
  4. Well that's going to hit cocaine sales at Canary Wharf pretty hard...

Never mind. A good lesson that you should only invest in or buy financial products you understand.
  5. Ah but then Lehmans weren't holding funds for a load of Trade Union leftie scum bags.
  6. For many years financial businesses in the US were strictly regulated by the Glass-Steagal Act of 1933. It was intended to seperate investment banking from high street banking and to keep banks from venturing into areas such as insurance. It also allowed the Federal Reserve to regulate some aspects of banking.

In 1980 Jimmy Carter signed into law an act that removed much of the Federal Reserve oversight or banking. Most of the other restrictions were removed in 1999 by an act signed into law by Presisdent Clinton with bi-partisan support. One the restrictions were removed banks could get into areas of finance such as the mortgage backed securities thet ended up providing the funds for the "sub-prime mortgage" bubble that has caused all of our present troubles.

Interestingly, the repeal of Glass Steagal made US banking regulations more in line with those in effect in the EU. In fact allignment with EU policy was one of the arguments in favour of repealing Glass Steagal.
  7. Really miffed. Bin surfing the web for vids of suits leaping from tall buildings and nuffin!!!! 8O

Suppose they don't make greasy fat-cat slime-ball **** suckers like they used to. :( Fair enough if they want to die in a blizzard in the back of some German sports car, but at least share and broadcast so we call have a laugh.

Don't forget dudes;
    'when you die the one with the most toys wins' :thumright:
    Jacob Marley

8. Any mild respect I MAY have held has utterly faded now. Even more disastrous news for suits - sob, sob, sob [​IMG] - and still no jumpers? [​IMG]

Can't wait to see 'em around the entrances to tube stations. Little boards hung round their necks; 'Porsche, Merc, BM, a boat and four hungry homes to support' [​IMG]

Never mind, if some chav sets them on fire I promise 'yes', I would p1ss on them - only fair, they p1ssed on me often enough. :twisted:

9. msr

msr LE

10. Never invest in Banks.

Buy land or property you can hang onto. The other alternative is vintage vehicles.

It works.
  11. msr

msr LE

Anything is only worth what people will pay for it. Not what you paid for it.

12. new i should have invested in cardboard box company shares seems to be a run on them from the poor little rich boys and girls...

Do Prada do cardboard boxes?
  13. ”The American, known only as Blue, worked in the human resources department”

That’s PC bolloxs for ‘Personnel’, i.e. hire and fire and general swanning around pretending your bog doesn’t need air freshener. :roll:

”I don't know what I'm going to do. We may have to postpone the wedding or cut it down. It's a very difficult time.”

Ah, never mind babe. Sorry you can’t hire a Caribbean island for your wedding. :( ‘Ere you are, 020 8871 6000, Wandsworth Town ‘all, 30 notes a head, then round to the Brewery Tap for a bevvy. :wink:

”she one of the company's 4,500 UK based staff suddenly facing the sack”
    ”PricewaterhouseCoopers has said it [Lehman’s]does not have the £42million needed to meet the bank's wage bill”

So, £42M divided by 4’500 staff equals £9’333 per person per month – x 12 is £111’996 per person per year. Just a average of arithmetic mean, and some will get less and some get more, but, even poor Blue should be able to afford the Town ‘all. Of course, what happened to last years bonearrse????

ps. when you left I hope you didn’t forget all those pieces of paper on the wall by your desk………after all, as everyone knows you’re not worth a sh1t without pieces of paper :oops:

pps JUMP :wink: