Healthy eating

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by samain11, Aug 12, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Batter as it's made from grain flour, and deep fried pizza containing "tomato" puree and red and green peppers.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lard, cos it grows on animals so its natural, therefor healthy.

• Like Like x 1
  3. It's anti-Jock...it's in the Daily Mail...it's got to be true. Jocks. Fat wheezy cunts.

4. TheresaMay

TheresaMay LE Moderator DirtyBAT

Who came up with this "one of your five a day" bollocks anyway?

I'm pretty sure in the caveman days they used to just spear cute fluffy animals and cook-up whatever had blood running through it. None of this picking fruit and digging up bulbs with soil milarke. It's not like they could wait 6 months for a lettuce to sprout out of the ground just to ease the conscience of the village fat fucker, only to watch it turn to swiss cheese after a series of grubs had got there first.

I dare say it was designed to give the impression some great dietician had spawned a new concept of making people live healthy when in fact all they needed to do was stay away from Greggs and go easy on fizzy drinks and anything that didn't look like it was grown naturally (i.e. flourescent orange baked beans and pork sausages in tomato sauce).

Five-a-day my arse.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Was told it was meant to be 10 a day but us brits wouldnt stomach the idea so they dumbed it down to 5 a day.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

6. According to QI the figure of 5 a day was just the number the Gov thought would be acceptable to the public.

7. Consensus of a panel of experts same as the daily alcohol units.

8. What do you think the life expectancy of a cave man was on that diet? Dinosaurs and associated risks excluded.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

9. I don't think Dinosaurs and Man occupied the planet at the same time. Several million years apart.

10. Do hops count??

11. Tomato sauce is one. Its got tomatoes in it.

So are chips, they've got spuds in 'em.

12. Whisky is made from fermented grain so that counts surely.

13. So, chips, crisps, picked onions, jam, beer, whisky, wine, baked beans, white pudding and 'tattie' scones are OK then?

14. Cows eat grass so beef counts too.

• Like Like x 1