Health

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Jam4, Mar 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :oops: umm, hi there. this might be a stupid question but i dnt kno the answer... can i join up with no left eye? i mean it was taken from me when i was a baby. and its no longer in my head.

cheers

2. hmmmmmmmm is this a WAH? :D

Seriously?

(and if it isnt then i apologise) but the answer is no, you definitely need both ;)

3. if this isn't a WAH, then i'm truly sorry, i let out a little laugh when i read this.

4. Who took it?

*Sorry if its not a wind up*

5. Should be fine, you'll learn to shoot from the right shoulder anyway.

Although depth perception must be a bit of a cnut.

Edited to add: I feel sh*t if this isnt a wah

6. ah, i thort so. thats gutting, wanted to join since i can remember. its not a wind up i had retino-blastoma when i was a baby, resulted in the losss of my left eye. oh well...

7. I wonder if there are any admin jobs you could do? People can drive with one eye etc, call your careers office, its gotta be worth asking the horses mouth..

8. damn good job i actually read all posts before i added my witty comment or i would have felt like a cnut!
    sorry about that mate wouldnt wish it on anyone.

9. he just did ask the horses mouth ;)

trust me there is no job in the Army that you can do (on initially joining) with one eye ;)

and driving normally a no go anyway consider most people tend to use 2 eyes for focusing and judging distance ;)

as a recruiter i can assure you its not going to happen unfortunately ;)