Health Warning!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Pangur_Ban, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Folks,

Many of you ask questions regarding existing injuries or past medical histories, especially with regards to selection and basic training. Please can I remind you of the following points:

a. No-one can make a diagnosis without a proper medical examination. Just coz 'Fred' has similar symptoms does NOT mean it is necessarily the same condition.

b. Do NOT lie or cover-up at your medicals. They are carried out for good reasons. They protect the potential recruit from further damaging his/her health. They also protect other soldiers from being placed in danger from someone with an existing condition. Do not put yourself or others at risk.

c. There is no guarantee that the advice given on this site is from a registered professional. Before acting on any medical advice it is recommended that you confirm it with a known, registered, practitioner.

Look after yerselves!

Peeby.

2. Totally agree.

In fact, the registered medical practitioners are the ones least likely to offer firm advice, other than to seek formal medical attention. Few of us are confident or foolish enough to diagnose through a website.

FF.

3. [Edited by Peeby]

My forum, my Sticky. You are welcome to vocalise your opinions in the main Forum. This thread is reserved for professional, informed comment only.

Very many thanks.

Peeby.

4. Interesting point charlie.

I could not have put TAconts point better myself oxygen theft must be some sort of badge of honour; an of ARSE "victoria cross".

5. hey i have a bicuspid aortic valve (heart murmur) and am considering going to america to have correctional or replacement surgery. I just need to find out if the army accepts you after surgery cause ive got a feeling they wouldn't and this is the reason i would be doing it any help please email me at jasonbrooks715@msn.com

6. Read the first post in this thread.

7. In the past i didnt take care of my teeth and have had to have several removed. i have had a broken tooth for a while which is now giving me problems shall iget it out before i go to selection training in 5 weeks time

8. Just get them all removed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.