Health row deepens

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by dui-lai, Mar 3, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Seems to be heating up now :lol:

I was watching the news and Reid had the cheek to state that less than 1% of Ops were cancelled 8O

In what country was he talking about, this one or another one :roll:

2. I'd be more impressed by whichever side put her in one of their limos and took her off to the nearest BUPA hospital.
    I also seem to remember B Liar saying that if NHS couldn't cope, they were entitled to use private medical resources?

3. That would be as good as today's soundbite about educating kids in groups of 5 or 6. If we can't get enough teachers to teach classes of less than 30, how in hell's name to you suddenly reduces those groups by a factor of 5!

4. It seems Mrs Dixon's Op has been cancelled because she needs a high dependency bed ,for her "dicky ticker",perhaps the fact shes about 15 stone over weight has somthing to do with this ? solution loose 10 stone and go in for a routine Op and leave the HDB for a real emergancy ( and the daughter could cut down on the pasties too) :evil:

5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

1% of ops cancelled my arse My 2i/c had to have her gravel removed (gall stones) and was cancelled twice in 2 months. Second time I kicked off and 20 minutes later we were called by another ward offering us a bed!

6. Why not go for culling of all those who do not meet your high standards? Who are you to know why she is queen size? Just as reasonable for me to say that your lack of intellect is due to your being the product of incest.

7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

whilst were being touchy what about the mong thread. Admittedly I pissed myself but havin kids it does hurt more than just around the ribs!

8. This is my first post so sorry if its a wee bit contentious.
    Fiona Bruce, Conservative councillor for Penketh, Margaret Dixon's ward, and Conservative parliamentary candidate for South Warrington knew about Mrs Dixon in November of last year, Mr Howard had a meeting with Fiona Bruce in Warrington in December of last year.
    Just a couple of questions, why did'nt Fiona Bruce ( "known for her " Northern grit "" )bring up Mrs Dixon's problems with Mr Howard? if she did, then why did'nt Mr Howard kick up a fuss then? Mrs Dixon, according to her account, had at that time, December, had her operation cancelled 5 times.
    I am not saying Mrs Dixon's account is right or wrong, I just wonder why Fiona Bruce and Mr Howard did not show their deep concern and compassion at that time thus saving Mrs Dixon 3 months of pain and suffering. :?

9. Couldn't possibly have anything to do with an election coming up could it???? or is that just me being synical???

The only way to get anything done, in my experience with the NHS is to ring them constantly, was actually advised to do so by my old G.P. who said ring them up at least once a week, eventually they will get so fed up they will find you a bed............... This was years ago when I was experiencing difficulty with my mobility, due to cartilage trouble....... Can't see that much has changed :roll: :roll:

10. Whats up my old monkey ? you wouldn't be on the porky side yourself by any chance :twisted: ... what is it glands ,big bones, or sat on your arse watching other bods do the work?.....and as for my pedigree at least i knew who my old man was :wink:

Happy Trucking 8)