Health Questions (Operation Related)

Hey guys,

So i'm hopefully joining The Army, i'm at my medical stage right now. I have a few questions.

1) I had gromits as a child, i also had a operation because my eardum burst ( horrible, horrible experiance ) But i now have great hearing and as i said i had that operation about 6-8 years ago. Will this effect anything?

2) I had a VERY mild case of asthma when i was very young ( 7 - 9 ) Never had an attack but the mum insisted on taking pumps out even though i never used them. I've been clear of it ever since i can remember. Will this effect anything?

3) I got into a fight with some "gangsters" about 2 months ago all three of them ( yes three ) basically kicked my head in and i was in hopsital with a head injury. Im fine now though. will this also effect anything? thats pretty much my med history thanks!

CJTCORP said:
Hey guys,

So i'm hopefully joining The Army, i'm at my medical stage right now. I have a few questions.

1) I had gromits as a child, i also had a operation because my eardum burst ( horrible, horrible experiance ) But i now have great hearing and as i said i had that operation about 6-8 years ago. Will this effect anything?

2) I had a VERY mild case of asthma when i was very young ( 7 - 9 ) Never had an attack but the mum insisted on taking pumps out even though i never used them. I've been clear of it ever since i can remember. Will this effect anything?

3) I got into a fight with some "gangsters" about 2 months ago all three of them ( yes three ) basically kicked my head in and i was in hopsital with a head injury. Im fine now though. will this also effect anything? thats pretty much my med history thanks!
1) I too had gromets twice and once had t/tubes didn't cause a problem for my application. Found out at Glencorse I've got excellent hearing :D

2) asthma don't say anything and hopefully your doctor wont :(

3) I got bottle a few years back and ended up in hospital & concussion for 2 weeks, that neither effected my application.

Hope that helps you feel a little better :D

Declare all of it or you may look bad on you, if your doctor says otherwise. With a history of asthma when you get to ADSC they will just make you jump on a bike. And test your lungs. Just search on here "lung function test". There was a thread about it.