Health Questions (Operation Related)

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by CJTCORP, Jan 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys,

So i'm hopefully joining The Army, i'm at my medical stage right now. I have a few questions.

1) I had gromits as a child, i also had a operation because my eardum burst ( horrible, horrible experiance ) But i now have great hearing and as i said i had that operation about 6-8 years ago. Will this effect anything?

2) I had a VERY mild case of asthma when i was very young ( 7 - 9 ) Never had an attack but the mum insisted on taking pumps out even though i never used them. I've been clear of it ever since i can remember. Will this effect anything?

3) I got into a fight with some "gangsters" about 2 months ago all three of them ( yes three ) basically kicked my head in and i was in hopsital with a head injury. Im fine now though. will this also effect anything? thats pretty much my med history thanks!
  2. 1) I too had gromets twice and once had t/tubes didn't cause a problem for my application. Found out at Glencorse I've got excellent hearing :D

2) asthma don't say anything and hopefully your doctor wont :(

3) I got bottle a few years back and ended up in hospital & concussion for 2 weeks, that neither effected my application.

Hope that helps you feel a little better :D
  3. Declare all of it or you may look bad on you, if your doctor says otherwise. With a history of asthma when you get to ADSC they will just make you jump on a bike. And test your lungs. Just search on here "lung function test". There was a thread about it.
  4. Thanks alot for the responses, much appreciated.