Health Question: Hearing Problems -TINNITUS

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by cannon fodder, Apr 14, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Being an on and off mild sufferer of ringing in the ears, how many of you lot (either servicing or ex) have hearing issues. I left back in 2005 to join the real world and my hearing was left in a bit of a state from the usual noises we have been subjected to.

It is only in the last few years that the condition has been taken far more seriously with the US DOD shelling out over $1 billion ANNUALLY in pay outs and is the no1 reason for medical discharge. In the next few years it is expected to rise to over $2 billion annually, which has led to a major push in providing a cure/solution.

Recent medical science has led to very possible effective solutions for sucessful treatments which is very good to hear (exsuse the pun).

Do you think the MOD is doing enough to protect you in both training and combat conditions.
    I have been on this site for many years and been a big piss taker and clown, but this is a serious one.

Sorry for my poor spelling, you probably have already reliased I was in the infantry...

Link for further info
  2. What? Pardon, say again..................

couldn't resist.
  3. expected it.. lol