Health Care Assistant Selection Board

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by nettle, Jan 27, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi :) Im in the process of joining as a HCA, and have my selection board coming up very soon. At my acquaint visit I was informed that its now changed from nvqs to a diploma. Any more info on the diploma system would be greatly appreaciated as none of the army site are update.
    I know that phase 2 training is 6 weeks theory and practical with exams, then 6 weeks clinical placement (any ideas where this clinical placement may be??), then its 2 weeks intro in diploma in health. then one gets their first posting? Where could this posting be for HCA and is that a 2 year posting then or 3 year?
    Also what other training is available after the diploma level 3 is completed??

If there is any HCA on here, what sort of jobs does one carry out on a daily basis??

Also at the selection board we have a numeracy and literacy exam, what sort of level is it at??

Hope this all makes sense, any help will be greatly appreciated:) Thankyou:excited:

2. Training is still NVQ based, contact the QA recruiting team with all your questions.