Health care assistant boards

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Jazz93uk, Dec 26, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi :) I'm still in the recruitment stage and going to be sitting the boards the be a health care assistant. I'm really nervous and get nervous and a bit shaky in interviews. Can anyone help me by saying what to expect and what I should learn/know ready for them? Would really love to pass them, any help would be great! Thank you :)
  2. just relax. Explain why you want to be an HCA and why you want to join the military. Do you want to progress to become a nurse? what drives you to be an HCA. Where do you want o be in 5 years time?

Good luck
    • Like Like x 1
  3. You should receive joining instructions giving you the basics of what's happening. Don't worry too much. Most the others there will be in the same boat, everyone gets nervous. Best advice I can give is treat each interview like a relaxed conversation, be prepared to discuss everything on your CV, and what Retd_crab pointed out.

So, best of luck, and I'll probably see you at the AOSB later.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Thank you! This really helps, wanna be as prepared as possible! Yeah fingers crossed if all goes well :)
  5. Why would somebody hoping to join as a HCA be seeing you at AOSB?
  6. Because he's sitting the boards, which implies something more than a trade.
  7. sup rec

sup rec LE Book Reviewer

HCA is a soldier trade - Health Care Assistant. As with a most soldier med trades they need to sit a suitability board. Nothing to do with AOSB or officer selection
  8. HCA is, rather obviously, the job of a soldier not an officer. Believe it or not, some trades do have a specific boarding/selection process!

Hopefully you're not hoping to be a HCA via AOSB m556!
  9. That's definitely not my plan. Not at all. We can't be having that.
  10. hey!. i have my hca selection board on monday!! when is yours? :)
  11. They could only aspire to be an HCA, damn flabbybotamists.

Good Luck Tiffany.
    • Like Like x 1