• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Health care assistant boards

Hi :) I'm still in the recruitment stage and going to be sitting the boards the be a health care assistant. I'm really nervous and get nervous and a bit shaky in interviews. Can anyone help me by saying what to expect and what I should learn/know ready for them? Would really love to pass them, any help would be great! Thank you :)

just relax. Explain why you want to be an HCA and why you want to join the military. Do you want to progress to become a nurse? what drives you to be an HCA. Where do you want o be in 5 years time?

Good luck

You should receive joining instructions giving you the basics of what's happening. Don't worry too much. Most the others there will be in the same boat, everyone gets nervous. Best advice I can give is treat each interview like a relaxed conversation, be prepared to discuss everything on your CV, and what Retd_crab pointed out.

So, best of luck, and I'll probably see you at the AOSB later.

You should receive joining instructions giving you the basics of what's happening. Don't worry too much. Most the others there will be in the same boat, everyone gets nervous. Best advice I can give is treat each interview like a relaxed conversation, be prepared to discuss everything on your CV, and what Retd_crab pointed out.

So, best of luck, and I'll probably see you at the AOSB later.
Why would somebody hoping to join as a HCA be seeing you at AOSB?

sup rec

LE
Book Reviewer
Because he's sitting the boards, which implies something more than a trade.
HCA is a soldier trade - Health Care Assistant. As with a most soldier med trades they need to sit a suitability board. Nothing to do with AOSB or officer selection

HCA is, rather obviously, the job of a soldier not an officer. Believe it or not, some trades do have a specific boarding/selection process!

Hopefully you're not hoping to be a HCA via AOSB m556!

HCA is, rather obviously, the job of a soldier not an officer. Believe it or not, some trades do have a specific boarding/selection process!

Hopefully you're not hoping to be a HCA via AOSB m556!
That's definitely not my plan. Not at all. We can't be having that.

Latest Threads