Health and Safety jobs

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by cjtuba, May 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 23 year serving Sgt requiring job end July in H & S, recent pass in NEBOSH General Certificate, looking for work in West Midlands.

2. Try the IOSH website and magazine.

www.IOSH.co.uk

The SHP magazine they issue monthly to members has dozens of jobs in the back, also on the web site is web forum.

If you fancy overseas try worldwideworker.com and oilcareers.com

Not to rain on your parade so to speak but a NEBOSH general is the bottom end of the quals market.... Most decent management type posts look for the diploma or equivilent. Check out the NVQ route ? you may get your grad IOSH out of it ? bcs.co.uk

Drop me a PM if you have any other questions

Best of Luck...

3. scaryspice

scaryspice LE Moderator

While the IOSH site is good, it does not allow job advertising as such. Try this new site for a different approach. I have no connection with the site owners, but I'm looking for another safety job too and have found this site useful for contacts.

4. msr

msr LE

5. scaryspice

scaryspice LE Moderator

MSR - I assume you mean the Unit Safety and Environmental Officer jobs as the link you gave is the complete FTRS list.

Not sure the OP would qualify for this - rank range starts at WO2 and he's leaving as a Sgt. I did get the impressions he's looking for a civvy job not getting back into the military...

6. msr

msr LE

These jobs have been advertised for a long time, so I am sure the OP would be in with a shout...

It's not like people are falling over themselves to offer you a job right now.

msr

7. scaryspice

scaryspice LE Moderator

Certainly worth trying. You're right that he won't find it that easy getting a safety job at the moment with no prior experience outside HM Forces. It's the perennial Catch-22 I'm afraid - "sorry mate you don't have enough experience" - so how's he supposed to get any if he can't get a job... H&S forums are full of people offering to do "shadowing" work for free to get experience.