Healing the Wounds

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by hitback, Jul 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The charity "Healing the Wounds" has been set up to support military personnel and veterans in Wales. Wales has been neglected by the MoD and others within the veteran charity groups. Although, Wales has many military groupings and Veterans, it has no mental health system in place to treat service personnel or veterans at present. This one supports all those within the group in Wales. Healing the Wounds

A big well done to their team as they continue to work with the system.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I am sure that Healing the Wounds means well and have just taken a look at their website. The Executive Director & Secretary are husband & wife. Their head of fundraising is a care assistant who is also a PTSD Practioner as is the Co Secretary who have both undertaken short courses in NLP in Manchester. Whilst I admire the efforts of this charity I certainly think that folk with PTSD need to be cared for by proper charities with real medics, CPNs & Doctors and outreach workers and Welfare Officers such as the Network offered & residential intreatment & therapy offered by the likes of Combat Stress who do cover Wales & indeed the whole of Great Britain & Ireland.

3. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Which is a great help when you're based in Portheithwy.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Or anywhere north of Aberdyfi...

5. Sorry but Cardiff is where the Vets Mental health clinic is

Cardiff and Vale NHS ULHB
    Neil J. Kitchiner – CVMHT
    University Hospital of WalesDepartment of Traumatic Stress Service
    Heath Park
    CardiffCF14 4XW
    Tel: 029 2074 2284
    neil.kitchiner@wales.nhs.uk

6. Smacks of being akin to positive discrimination.

Currently British injured personnel are treated equally. Seems Wales wants to be more equal than others. I'm sure N.I, Nepal, Fiji, Kenya and many other areas we recruit from across the globe are in a far worse position with regard to their injured soldiers.

But then they are welsh and whinging is second nature.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.