Headtorch

Looking for a headtorch for military use, managed to misplace old torch. Looking a the tactikka but something a bit cheaper would be better if there are decent standard one available.
Cheers
Or would people recommend an alternative such as a small maglite type? I won't be wearing a helmet so the headtorch doesn't need to be helmet compatible and must be comfy without a helmet.

I've seen a headband type job for attaching an aa maglite for not much more than a tenner. Cadet direct or survival aids is your best bet, though you can't really go wrong with petzl.

Duracel do a guddun. Tescos for a tenner. Got a red light setting on it too!

Have you looked at the link on the top of this forum from Bad CO Announcements - Military Clothing & Boots
It's the new online ARRSE shop and they have a offer on Petzl

P.S. Bad CO any chance of commission ?

Petzl are the best ones I've had, although I did pick up a half sensible one from the naafi in the Falklands (Energizer I think), and saw the same one in Tesco when I got back. That was quite cheap, and had red light too.

Hhh my bad I didn't noticed the sale.
Yes petzyl seems quote popular, I saw a silva headtorch in the BCB catalogue which looked good.

Aldi used to do a Petzl looky looky torch for around 2.99, worth checking.

I buy the ever ready two packs of head torches for around 8.00 or 9.00 and have them dotted around house, car and rucksacks for emergency use.

I kept buying, using and losing gucci torches so I buy multiple cheap ones now............'cos that way if I lose one I still have one and I don't cry at the expense.

Torch wise I love Fenix, but I lost my last one in cloggieland.

Ive had the Energizer one for about 7 years now, they cost about 7 quid in Wilkinsons and I have not intention of changing it in the near future if it keeps going. Does everything I need it to do.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sparky71 Weapons, Equipment & Rations 31
ReadySalted Weapons, Equipment & Rations 38