Headtorch

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by KleenUpGuy, Aug 10, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looking for a headtorch for military use, managed to misplace old torch. Looking a the tactikka but something a bit cheaper would be better if there are decent standard one available.
    Cheers
    Or would people recommend an alternative such as a small maglite type? I won't be wearing a helmet so the headtorch doesn't need to be helmet compatible and must be comfy without a helmet.

2. I've seen a headband type job for attaching an aa maglite for not much more than a tenner. Cadet direct or survival aids is your best bet, though you can't really go wrong with petzl.

3. Try tescos or B+Q for a cheap cheerful one

4. Duracel do a guddun. Tescos for a tenner. Got a red light setting on it too!

5. Petzl e-lite, or Asda do a good one for a tenner, at the pricey end of the spectrum the cool kids are using Duracell tuffshok (IIRC)

6. I recommend the Petzl, probably the best head torch I've owned

7. HHH

HHH LE

Have you looked at the link on the top of this forum from Bad CO Announcements - Military Clothing & Boots
    It's the new online ARRSE shop and they have a offer on Petzl

P.S. Bad CO any chance of commission ?

8. Can't see the link on mobile version but I am aware of the This Tribe website.
    Cheers.
    I'll go look in tesco tomorrow.

9. Petzl are the best ones I've had, although I did pick up a half sensible one from the naafi in the Falklands (Energizer I think), and saw the same one in Tesco when I got back. That was quite cheap, and had red light too.

10. Hhh my bad I didn't noticed the sale.
    Yes petzyl seems quote popular, I saw a silva headtorch in the BCB catalogue which looked good.

11. Aldi used to do a Petzl looky looky torch for around 2.99, worth checking.

I buy the ever ready two packs of head torches for around 8.00 or 9.00 and have them dotted around house, car and rucksacks for emergency use.

I kept buying, using and losing gucci torches so I buy multiple cheap ones now............'cos that way if I lose one I still have one and I don't cry at the expense.

Torch wise I love Fenix, but I lost my last one in cloggieland.

12. Tescos do a good one for a tenner.

13. I recently used this on the Lakeland 50 and was a bit unsure to start with and was considering getting a Petzl Myo but I'm glad I didn't.
    This worked an absolute treat and for the price you can't go wrong......

Gamma LED Headtorch - Alpkit

14. That is issued kit. It's plenty good enough, and it's free.