Headphones for running?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Krieg-Hammer, Dec 28, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. At the moment I have ones that are in ear. With this windy weather they keep popping out. Even after changing the bud size. Did have Sennheiser wrap arounds but thought the sound quality to be poor and eventually after a short while one side stopped working.

Is there anything (sensible suggestions) that someone can recommend?

Thanks.

2. Clansman Headphones are very cool.

• Like Like x 2

3. A bit retro but I suppose they are 'hands free' ;)

4. Seinnheiser are (in my opinion) the dogs bollocks when it comes to running head phones.

Sennheiser/Adidas OMX 680 High-Performance Stereo: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

21N1IZrmh-L._AA115_.jpg
    I've had pairs similar to these and they are very good, and keep the earphones nice and secure, however I found that due to the amount I sweat they could work their way loose, especially if I was out running around the training area and cross-country stuff.

Sennheiser/Adidas PMX 680 High-Performance Rugged: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

31oXIwGI3-L._AA115_.jpg
    I now have a pair of these, again they are really good and stay nice and secure, though I've found if I wear them for a long period of time that they can make your ears hurt, they're also annoying if you use them whilst on the train or something similar as the back of the band pushes against the seat and can make the ear phones loose.

I find that you generally pay more for seinnheiser but I think that you get what you pay for and they certainly beat any of the other "sports" earphones I've used in the past.

5. As its winter, I would say wear a hat, the head band holds the ear plugs in, in summer wear a tennis sweat band.

6. Shure,

7. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

I can't keep any in my ears, but being a resourceful chap I have Diana Ross and the supremes follow me around on a large float.

• Like Like x 5
  8. I also have problems running in my current headphones, the cable is only five meters long! Never mind space stations and mars missions, it's about time someone developed some sort of mobile gramophone that fits in your pocket.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Run?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Does Diana Ross just wail about being "molested" when it transpires she has a vagina full of cocaine?

11. Standard iPod ones always did the job for me, never got on with in-ear types for running though.

12. plantronic backbeat 903's Plantronics | BackBeat 903+ I have a pair of these and they are very good, my ear canals are quite small though so they tend not to fit exactly, but I hold them in with a coolmax beanie, even in summer and they work great.