Headley Court Soldiers Abused

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by FARMBOY, Nov 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If, as is claimed, the two (two, for heaven's sake!) complainants were as abusive as suggested, why did the staff at the pool not invite them to leave or face having the police called to deal with behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace?

2. Witch Hunt?

3. Selfish Britain again.

4. it sounds yet again like a VERY small minority of Surrey inhabitants - don't tar them all with the same brush

5. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

shocking to hear

6. There are unfeeling morons like this everywhere, happily they are still a minority and quite frankly are better ignored than given the oxygen of publicity.

7. Residents of Grays Lane or members of the Residents association maybe.
    How many Arrsers fancy a swim wearing an Op Nimby T Shirt?

8. For once I feel justified in saying I am outraged. Coincidentally, I am wearing my Op Nimby polo shirt today which got given the thumbs up at work.

9. Do we need to deploy the Blue Team again?

10. Its very tempting to drop down to their level but in the longer term interests of the Headley Court patients and staff perhaps we should step back from that bit of fun.

11. Although I think HC should have it’s own pool, hiding soldiers who have been damaged due to government policy is a very bad idea. They should be out in public so that the public can see what happens in it’s name.

I am also sure that MOD pays the going rate for the use of the pool and the complainant should have been informed of this. Then promptly thrown out.

A difficult decision by the NCO, but I would not have left as they have as much right to be there as any one else, even to the extent of putting the cost on my access card. But I’m bloody minded. :twisted:

12. I hear what you are saying Rebel about the Oxygen of publicity, I just couldn't believe that anyone, even one person could be so cruel - it is not as though this person would not have known the status of those being treated in the pool.

What a sad story. I hope she is ashamed. I also hope that this is icident is isolated or I shall be joining the Kurgen and his OP Nimby swimming team.

13. I'll join you for a swim. Havent got an Op Nimby t-shirt, but i have a tour t-shirt :)