Headley Court and the Treasury

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by kennys-go-nad, Dec 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Found this on Hansards today. Fine when Quoting Treasury Government Accounting Rules to take a % off donations from the RBL. However also Fine to contribute at this stage nothing towards the new gym and fitness pool for injured military personnel at Headley Court. just let the forces Charity's pay for it. Oh can the Treasury have its % from the donations still??

please sign
    http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/servicecharities/#detail

In other words, nothing

2. Had not realised that the Headley Court site was not owned by the MoD - but should have realised cos they would have sold it years ago!

3. Does it really surprise you??? Letter sent to the Tw*T

4. £7k (presumably including VAT) Seems a cheap rent for a venue such as RMAS for a 3 day show.

A Stately home/English Heritage would cost £10 -£20k + Vat for a normal type show. However I'd imagine a heavy discount could be obtained for the Army benevolant fund.

However, if a Council/Government venue was hired I'd expect to pay £4 - £5k.

Value for money? Without knowing the fine details of the hire agreement I couldn't say, but I doubt it.

5. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

6. hasn't this already been done?

7. Maybe. But it seems a point worth repeating, don't you think?

Or have you got your, 'I must defend the Government by all means hat' on tonight Sven?

PS. For someone with an ****-fixation on capital letters, you could at least have the courtesy to use them when you're supposed to.

8. They rent it from the Cunliffe family for a pepper corn rent of £1 a year.