Headley, a cracking YouTube video

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by clifftop, Jul 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The video was done by Setanta, who deserves a big thank you for doing it, if you want the code to put on yours or anyother website, the code is on page 119 of the Nimby thread, again well done to Setanta

2. Very good :D

3. Cracking video.

If you like it that much, you feel that SSAFA and the boys are being treated unjustly and you feel like helping look no further than my signature block, below, for all you need to help out!!!!

4. Honestly guys anybody could have done it... but thanks.

What really surprising is its gotten 164 views in under 3 hours

5. All the publicity seems to be working, its now been viewed 211 times.

The embed code is

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dhRRDufr1bg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dhRRDufr1bg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Also you can visit the videos stand alone page here:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dhRRDufr1bg

the embed code can be copied directly from here as well.

6. Great video and obviously I wholeheartedly support the sentiment. However, what exactly are we petitioning? It was the neighbours who objected to the building being used by families, not the Government, so I'm not sure that a petition will have the desired effect.

7. The welfare of the wounded and their families is a Government responsibility, and shouldn't be left to a charity such as SSAFA to sort out. It's about Government responsibility, and the debt this country owes to the injured.

8. Of course. So why not put the families up in a hotel and pay taxi fares to get them to Headley. Not the ideal solution but I daresay cheaper than buying this house and then staffing it with cleaners, etc. Whatever, I wholeheartedly agree that families should be looked after and given every assistance to visit their inhjured loved ones and yes, the Government should foot the bill, and in the spirit that this thread was intended, I hope that the NIMBY neighbours hang their heads in shame.

9. Oh yes great idea, a travelodge with drunken businessmen whilst you sort out your Hubby or Son, then get a taxi to headley, just like your going to the cinema or something, then have a chat with like minded people in the coffee bar or McDonalds.

Why not make it a shopping trip as well, visit the shops have a day out.

Id rather you didnt sign any petition, obviously if you sign it, its because you would feel obligated to.

10. Wonderful! Thank you, Setanta, even though you did make me cry!

11. Yeah, or maybe stay in a house where you KNOW the neighbours fought tooth and nail to stop you using. Plus, if the neighbours are that small-minded, do you not think that they would be constantly moaning about noise, parking, people coming and going at all hours, etc thus making families feel worse than they already do?

12. It is a publicity tool.

13. That sounds better than your put-down, i doubt that it will be all hours, and well if they complain so be it, but well lets consign all our Soldiers relatives to Hotels, out of the way, hide them and their wounded loved ones.

Anyway ill leave concerned of ashtead to ramble on.

For those who do care, please sign the petition.

14. Tell you what, maybe, just maybe SSAFA have not been able to get their hands on anything else?

Hotels get full up with other people, or hadn't you noticed? And the costs of hotels for 6 families every day, plus taxis, would be prohibitive. At least with a property the costs can be offset against the appreciation.

You seem to have come late to this. Many of these arguments have been done already. And a lot of people are working very hard to ensure a favourable outcome.