Heading to Chllwell

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by jocky5, Oct 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Hope somebody can help, I am going to Chillwell later this month for my mobilisation to Afghanistan next year.
    What documents etc do I need to take, info I have had so far from my unit is not great so any help is appreciated.
  2. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Have you actually received your Call Out papers yet? All the information you need vis-a-vis documentation etc. will be outlined in the paperwork which is fairly comprehensive. Seeing as this month ends this weekend did you actually mean next month?
  3. Doh!!

yes you are correct the letters are being processed and are being sent in the next week, the mobilisation kicks off end of November for the first tranche followed a week later by the second.

Thanks for the info.
  4. If you own a car, use it for the first week as you'll get the middle weekend of your two weeks off. Much easier than hoying luggage on public transport.
  5. Thank God for arrse. I'm off to Chilwell end of November and it was only through here I found out about the dental inspection. Did manage to get an NHS dentist squared away and have a check up soon. Hopefully i'll be o.k on that front....
  6. Am awaiting on call up papers also is this done via post or keep and given to you via your unit?
  7. jmj

jmj Old-Salt

Big brown envelope through your door.
  8. Don't forget your potty.
  9. Jocky you of with 3 Scots?
  10. Food is shite!!!!! 24 hour Tesco across the road. Thank fook.
  11. And two okay pubs out of the back gate. Mind you, I've not tried the food at the Charlton Arms. Still, must be better than PAYS.

Update - Mrs I says that the "Bell" on the Nottingham Road is v good for food. YMMV
  12. White now...
  13. F uck me.
    The food isn't that bad. :roll:

Sack them pubs and get yourself into town, thats where the fun starts. :wink:

Take some shoes FFS otherwise no entry in most clubs, its amazing how many people don't bring them.

Edited too add;

Oh yeah, take green kit and pass all your MATTS.
  14. Just watch out for 507 stre , dodgey lot if you ask me :p

( waits for incoming)