Headaches / Migraines in medical history before AOSB

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by dolfinack, Sep 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys, I've a new question subsequent to my gripe about having a dodgy wrist going into the AOSB... (no I'm not a hypo :))

I've been suffering on and off from bad headaches since I was a kid, and was on medication for them for a year or two (no real help). Sometimes they're pretty rough, sometimes just annoying. But they've never stopped me from doing anything I wanted more or less, they're just a royal pain in the neck. My doc often talks as though they are migraines, but in fact they arent that bad, just blinking sore heads.

So my question is this: If he fills out a fitness form and he puts down "migraine" i'm screwed right? Do you think they'd accept it if I said they arent migraines and are just headaches which have mostly receded anyway as I'm a good bit healthier / fitter?

i.e. can I explain them away or is the docs word final and I'm going to have to sit beside him with a big stick as he fills out the health form and make sure he writes my version?

2. I had migraine on my med forms, but this was ok because they were about 8 years ago - when was the last time you saw the doc about them? I think you need to be 4 years clear!

I can't actually answer the question you've asked, just give you my experience - sorry.

3. Yeah just don't know if I'm going to be labelled as a migraine boyo or just someone who gets headaches. There is a distinct difference. Maybe I'll lean on my doc for him to give the "correct" thing for me :D

Cheers for answering anyway, if they do try to screw me for the medication thing I reckon I'm just about 4 years off that crap....

thanks man.