Head Transplants

Sergio Canavero, a doctor at the Turin Advanced Neuromodulation Group, just published a paper looking at some recent developments in spinal cord fusion and suggesting that this means human head transplants are on their way. He puts forth a theoretical procedure that he says could enable these transplants.
The paper, entitled “HEAVEN: The head anastomosis venture Project outline for the first human head transplantation with spinal linkage,” makes a claim straight out of science fiction: that the technology required for successful human-head transplantation is finally here, and that it could be used to help people with irreparable damage to their bodies and spinal cords.
Human Head Transplants Are Getting Closer To Reality | Popular Science
Would A Human Head Transplant Be Ethical? | Popular Science

The stuff of science fiction.

What if as they search and suddenly find for a compatible donor body, turns out the be the opposite sex?

What if with good biology immune suppression drugs they offer you a body of a pig or another animal? Would you take it even as a temporary, until a better body is later found to maintain your life?

Or a black chap ends up with a white man's body and lives out the rest of his days looking like a burnt match.

TheresaMay

ADC
DirtyBAT
You just know it's only a matter of time before fat honkers with depression will get free transplants on the NHS so they end up with a skinny new body, then 2 years later get another because the other one obviously had a thyroid problem / was big boned etc.

And at no point in time does it occur to them to stop eating processed shit and get on the exercise bike once in a while.

The idle fuckers.

You just know it's only a matter of time before fat honkers with depression will get free transplants on the NHS so they end up with a skinny new body, then 2 years later get another because the other one obviously had a thyroid problem / was big boned etc.

And at no point in time does it occur to them to stop eating processed shit and get on the exercise bike once in a while.

The idle fuckers.

You're very angry today, wassup?

When you can down load your mind onto your PC you will be able to live for ever , so long as there's no power cuts , virus`s or corrupt files , spend enough on the right software and you will live the fantasy life you want ,stallion in the bedroom , super warrior , what ever .

Note to self : Stay off the mushrooms.

I'm not sure I'd accept an animals body, even if it was temporary.
I mean, yeah, licking my own balls would be sweet for a day or 2 and just laying about doing fuck all would be cool for about a week, but I just couldn't bring myself to lick my own arse clean, and trying to wipe my shitbox with a paw, especially one that has claws on the cunt, is going to end in a total disaster.

Knowing my luck, I'd end up with my quite spectacular melon, grafted onto the body of a scrawny smackhead, I'd have all kinds of shit going wrong and all my muscle memory would revolve around swiping old ladies purses and heading off to the local drug dealers gaff........

Can I have the body of a 20 year old female gymnast? No need for a transplant, I won't need it long ... About 3.7 seconds going by past performance.

it's been happening for years. There's a slack handful of 'laydees' in the AGC with men's heads.

Can I have Tom Daley's body to use accordingly.
Congratulations Mr Jarrod, the operation was a complete success, we were surprised at your request, but we aim to please at Death Valley NHS Trust. However can you tell us why you wanted Arthur Daley's body?

The stuff of science fiction.

What if with good biology immune suppression drugs they offer you a body of a pig or another animal? Would you take it even as a temporary, until a better body is later found to maintain your life?
My sister in law has already had that done, not only has she had a pig head transplant she has gone the whole hog and had the body transplanted as well.

Congratulations Mr Jarrod, the operation was a complete success, we were surprised at your request, but we aim to please at Death Valley NHS Trust. However can you tell us why you wanted Arthur Daley's body?

Or Daley Thompson

/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by smokerjim /images/buttons/viewpost-right.png

Always check the paperwork and read it carefully before signing for anything...

Rodney2q

I wanted head of George Clooney and I have to say I am pleased with result.Only downside I've noticed is Expresso consumption has gone through roof and I am unable to sleep.

Ah so that's why a lot of 90's club doormen had "Cut here" tattoos around their necks, they weren't steroid psychos trying to look hard with prison tats, they were visionaries who had seen the future, pioneers of the medical world....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Legs The Science Forum 95
Jip Travolta The Intelligence Cell 2
Line_Grunt The Intelligence Cell 10