Head or Heart

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by po_463, Apr 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I left TA 3-4 years ago, to get married, that went well for a few years. Im looking at re-joining but now my question, do I go with my head and join a new unit, that is close to my new employer, or do I go with my heart and got back to my old unit which is a bit more of a travel?
  2. msr

msr LE

Makes no odds.
  3. Go with your balls and join a regular unit.
  4. msr

msr LE

He's not stupid enough to go regular ;)
  5. Well he could always go for some IT quals and be on the dole.
  6. msr

msr LE

Or have no quals and be on the dole...
  7. well hate to break it to you, but I aint got any IT quals and I aint on the dole. and regs is out the question, ive goy an 8 yr old son and 2 yr old daughter so i want to stay pretty close to home
  8. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Simple answer - join whichever you think you will enjoy the most, and fit in best with. Better to travel a way to something you enjoy than do a 2 minute walk to something you don't.
  9. So you won't be volunteering for anything that takes you 'too far from home'?

Cutting remark removed.
  10. Why not? The Industrial Tribunal that he could raise following any mobilisation order could net him a quid or seventeen thousand!
  11. You left the TA to get married?

Did your wedding ceremony take place between 1930-2130 on a Tues evening?
  12. no ill volunteer to go away but i dont want to live away from my kids, as for the marriage i was applying to transfer to the regs but she didnt want to move away and at the time i loved her dare i say it more than the army, and when i got home my ta unit didnt have the same appeal as it did before. But i dont think ill truly be happy till i join up again.
  13. I love it when this happens. Make sure that the unit you join:

1. Spends lots of money on getting you trained and traded up.

2. Turn up sporadically because of your marital situation again.

3. Get yourself mobilised and gain the trust of the regular unit you're with.

4. 2 months into your tour, decide that army life is rubbish and that you miss your family too much.

5. Get yourself sent back home on a compassionate on some spurious reason about your family. (Wife not coping is a good one)

6. Leave the TA.

7. Attempt to repeat yearly when you get the sensation that your wife is holding you back and that life has passed you by.

Hope this help.
  14. Go with your head mate if you go with emotions you'll end up in deep shtum :)
  15. Get back in the TA mate. My girlfriend left me because I wouldn't leave the TA. I'm almost getting mobilised soon so it's no skin off me.