Head of Border Agency suspended

Don't know what for but the sooner imho, top jobs in the countries police and agencies like the Border setup are run by ex officers of HM forces who have proved themselves [like in the old days], the sooner we would see less self serving incompetence, dubious actions and corruption.

I would suspect that his suspension may be something to do with 145,000 asylum applications "being incorrectly filed", losing contact with the applicants and trying to give the impression that all was well at the Borders Agency.
Is that all? Surprised that they did not just apologise and trot out the old line about lessons being learned. That one seems to cover most eventualities.

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
Apparently it was for authorizing the suspension of Non EU passport checks during the summer. Due to the chronic staff shortages and them papering over the cracks in the border by pretending to do the job they are there for I suspect. Couldn't happen to a nicer dour Scot.

I'm sure this is all engineered to get rid of him. His days were always numbered after the old Chief Exec was put out to pasture, what with them both being Labour appointments.

Best news I've heard in years. Always thought that one day Brodie Clark would get his just desserts for buggering up the prison service and now HMI and HM Customs, just not quite so soon.

I might even manage a smile tomorrow when I'm taking duty free fags off prole scum!

And yet at the end of May this year my car was stopped and searched and we were given the papieren bitte! 3rd degree by the Border Farce mongs as we LEFT the UK!
Unusual to do outbound checks on EU traffic. They know about your people trafficking/baccy smuggling ring and the mobile phone carousel fraud. You're going to have your collar felt soon, sunbeam...

Unusual to do outbound checks on EU traffic. They know about your people trafficking/baccy smuggling ring and the mobile phone carousel fraud. You're going to have your collar felt soon, sunbeam...
Possibly, but the 4 legged mutt seemed infinitely more intelligent than Mutt & Jeff the Border Farce Men and he kept schtum… ;P

but not by the neck unfortunately.

Best news I've heard in years. Always thought that one day Brodie Clark would get his just desserts for buggering up the prison service and now HMI and HM Customs, just not quite so soon.

I might even manage a smile tomorrow when I'm taking duty free fags off prole scum!
So what exactly does this open border malarky allow? Waves of east european criminals and sponging pikey romanians coming in = no problem. A British citizen bringing in a few fags and the customs gestapo get a hard on?

While I don't disagree with the link or the sentiments there does seem to be deep rooted need about you BS :D

Barking Spider said...As soon as that raving poof, Russell T. Davies started putting raving poof sex scenes into Torchwood, that was it for me - the whole American story angle was shit already but that really was the last ****ing straw - no wonder the **** thing is being axed!
3 November 2011 18:29

John Barrowman [2] | . . . . is a ****

My car was "checked" last year outward bound from Dover. Quick look in boot and "Have you any firearms?" and off we went.
I certainly wasn't people trafficking. There was no room in the car with all the drugs.

I passed through Heathrow the other day and I noticed that the Customs desks were all manned by ethnic minorities, some of whom had no problem passing families of Indian or similar people in with little or no check of their passports, but appeared to scrutinise those who were white.
I hope this suspension starts an investigation into the whole of the Border agencies policies.