Head of Border Agency suspended

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by exile1, Nov 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Don't know what for but the sooner imho, top jobs in the countries police and agencies like the Border setup are run by ex officers of HM forces who have proved themselves [like in the old days], the sooner we would see less self serving incompetence, dubious actions and corruption.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Is that all? Surprised that they did not just apologise and trot out the old line about lessons being learned. That one seems to cover most eventualities.
  3. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Apparently it was for authorizing the suspension of Non EU passport checks during the summer. Due to the chronic staff shortages and them papering over the cracks in the border by pretending to do the job they are there for I suspect. Couldn't happen to a nicer dour Scot.

I'm sure this is all engineered to get rid of him. His days were always numbered after the old Chief Exec was put out to pasture, what with them both being Labour appointments.
  4. And yet at the end of May this year my car was stopped and searched and we were given the papieren bitte! 3rd degree by the Border Farce mongs as we LEFT the UK!
  5. Best news I've heard in years. Always thought that one day Brodie Clark would get his just desserts for buggering up the prison service and now HMI and HM Customs, just not quite so soon.

I might even manage a smile tomorrow when I'm taking duty free fags off prole scum!
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Unusual to do outbound checks on EU traffic. They know about your people trafficking/baccy smuggling ring and the mobile phone carousel fraud. You're going to have your collar felt soon, sunbeam...
  7. If Labour were in they'd have given him an MBE.
  8. Possibly, but the 4 legged mutt seemed infinitely more intelligent than Mutt & Jeff the Border Farce Men and he kept schtum… ;P
  9. but not by the neck unfortunately.
  10. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

11. So what exactly does this open border malarky allow? Waves of east european criminals and sponging pikey romanians coming in = no problem. A British citizen bringing in a few fags and the customs gestapo get a hard on?
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Naah, they just know a **** when they see one.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. They certainly do: Brodie Clark is a ****
    • Like Like x 1