He was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by msr, Sep 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

Is this the new euphemism for use by the friends / parents of stabbed youths?

Does it replace 'He was no angel, but...." ?

msr

2. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

If he hadn't been hanging around on a street corner, as part of a gang, and if he hadn't been involved in dealing drugs, at that particular moment in time . . . . .

Yep, that's a euphemism in my book.

They both replace "'e was a lovable rogue, so 'e was, and make no mistake!"

3. "We never saw much of him, he was always out with his friends - he only carried a knife for protection"

Yep - you're right MSR, deffo euphenism.

4. I suppose it makes a change from the old NI days of, "He was only popping out to the shops for a bottle of milk when he came across the riot."

5. Has "'e was good to 'is ole mum" gone the way of the dinosaurs as well?

'Sunrise, sunset, sunrise, sunset...'

6. Funny isn't it that when something happens no one ever has a bad word to say about the person involved...

7. Yeah...why can't people be honest....If he was Tw*t when he was alive then he is still a Twa*t.....

8. msr

msr LE

You just have to catch a copper in an unguarded moment...

9. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Dear old Ronnie & Reggie Kray. Bought flowers for their Mum and liked nothing better than a good old fashioned knees-up. The spirit of free enterprise. Whats a bit of torture between friends, eh? Lovely pair of lads.

And one local scumbag when shot ded in the street "He kept drugs out of the pubs and clubs". Yeah, by the simple method of breaking the legs of anybody not selling his drugs.

Everyone is a saint at their funeral.

10. Aren't we guilty of this too? You never hear a CO say "I'm not surprised Pte Smuggles died in a pool of his own vomit-he was a piss head, a waster and frankly the worst soldier in my unit"

11. Yes, but the majority of Soldiers out there are well behaved respectable people; even if they are scroats of the worst kind they have (at least tried) to make something of themselves. Rather than the dole funded, drug addled b@stards that populate the land's cities and council estates.

And you can guarantee that the family that spits and hurls abuse at the Police are 1st to bleat that they aren't doing their job, and 'why didn't they do more to help?' Cnuts.

12. My Bold. The irony being of course that the majority of Soldiers come from those cities and council estates!

Just proves my theory that a sponger does it because they can't be arsed to do anything else.

13. I thought it was the knife which was in the wrong place and time aboom boom tishhhhh

14. Very true, and the Army is full of Soldiers who have come from said council estates, and become successful; both in the army and after leaving, in Civvie St.

Edit :Sh*t grammar.

15. Well except for those that make up 10% of the street homeless of course.