He was born "Marion" but recognised himself as "John"

NI-EX-MEDIC

War Hero
Calls for John Wayne Airport to be renamed because of alleged racist nature of John Wayne, the man that once said of blacks "I believe in white supremacy until the Blacks are educated to a point of responsibility. I don't believe in giving authority and positions of leadership and judgement to irresponsible people"

How breathtakenly accurate he was some 40 plus years ago and to think I was 11 and innocent to todays troubles and never had the misfortune of meeting a paedophile teacher or scoutmaster etc etc.

"I believe in white supremacy until the Blacks are educated to a point of responsibility. I
Perhaps indelicately put - but is that really racist. especially in more oppressive regimes (the US) where blacks were denied both education and responsibility.

India (and a few bits of Africa) was well on the road to self governance long before independence was contemplated - because the UK model for empire was self governing states whose foreign policy was guided (dictated) by the UK - hence empire was largely colonies and vassal states** and many of those because they were deep water ports for the navy rather than wars of conquest.

The UK wanted to phase independence to African states over 20 years so that they had learnt how to govern a modern country and institutions.

I would contend that i think leaving whitey in charge until weve enabled the black man to take over isnt racist but rather common sense especially in light of what happenned to one of the richest and most stable countries in the world with massive wealth and resources post independence (Sierra Leone) amongst others all down to a society to accepting of nepotism , corruption and oppression from those at the top.

Caveat - if missed a subtext is and darkie cant be educated then obviously thats racist

**India being conquered by a company and then joining empire because they made a pigs ear of it

And who will they rename the Orange County Airport for? Stevie Wonder? They'll need a better blind landing system!

Edited to account for a lack of knowledge of US singers....

Last edited:

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
The Left has had a downer on John Wayne since the days of Vietnam....the old joke was

' Can't we just put Hanoi Jane (Fonda) and The Duke in a box and let them bastards fight it out ? Whoever wins gets to keep Saigon '

The BLM campaign has allowed them to re-purpose a whole host of things that have been on their sh1t- list for years.

Captain Obvious says:
John 'The Duke' Wayne spent his career playing macho roles that exemplified what American men aspired to be - a laconic, hard-bitten,red-blooded heterosexual. Those on the Left find all these things abhorrent. His love of country was equally sneer-worthy, especially in the 1960s

mini-bio [IMDB]
John Wayne was born Marion Robert Morrison in Iowa, to Mary Alberta (Brown) and Clyde Leonard Morrison, a pharmacist. He was of English, Ulster-Scots, and Irish ancestry.

Clyde developed a lung condition that required him to move his family from Iowa to the warmer climate of southern California, where they tried ranching in the Mojave Desert. Until the ranch failed, Marion and his younger brother Robert E. Morrison swam in an irrigation ditch and rode a horse to school. When the ranch failed, the family moved to Glendale, California, where Marion delivered medicines for his father, sold newspapers and had an Airedale dog named "Duke" (the source of his own nickname). He did well at school both academically and in football. When he narrowly failed admission to Annapolis he went to USC on a football scholarship 1925-7. Tom Mix got him a summer job as a prop man in exchange for football tickets. On the set he became close friends with director John Ford for whom, among others, he began doing bit parts, some billed as John Wayne. His first featured film was Men Without Women (1930). After more than 70 low-budget westerns and adventures, mostly routine, Wayne's career was stuck in a rut until Ford cast him in Stagecoach (1939), the movie that made him a star. He appeared in nearly 250 movies, many of epic proportions. From 1942-43 he was in a radio series, "The Three Sheets to the Wind", and in 1944 he helped found the Motion Picture Alliance for the Preservation of American Ideals, a Conservative political organization, later becoming its President. His conservative political stance was also reflected in The Alamo (1960), which he produced, directed and starred in. His patriotic stand was enshrined in The Green Berets (1968 )which he co-directed and starred in. Over the years Wayne was beset with health problems. In September 1964 he had a cancerous left lung removed; in March 1978 there was heart valve replacement surgery; and in January 1979 his stomach was removed. He received the Best Actor nomination for Sands of Iwo Jima (1949) and finally got the Oscar for his role as one-eyed Rooster Cogburn in True Grit (1969). A Congressional Gold Medal was struck in his honor in 1979. He is perhaps best remembered for his parts in Ford's cavalry trilogy - Fort Apache (1948 ) She Wore a Yellow Ribbon (1949) and Rio Grande (1950).

And this;

Because his on-screen adventures involved the slaying of a slew of Mexicans, Native Americans and Japanese, he has been called a racist by his critics. They believe this was strengthened by a Playboy Magazine interview in which he suggested that blacks were not yet qualified to hold high public office because "discrimination prevented them from receiving the kind of education a political career requires". Yet all of his three wives were of Latin descent.

Rest in Peace Duke - they are not worthy.

Last edited:
The Left has had a downer on John Wayne since the days of Vietnam....the old joke was

' Can't we just put Hanoi Jane (Fonda) and The Duke in a box and let them bastards fight it out ? Whoever wins gets to keep Saigon '

The BLM campaign has allowed them to re-purpose a whole host of things that have been on their sh1t- list for years.

Captain Obvious says:
Jon 'The Duke' Wayne spent his career playing macho roles that exemplified what American men aspired to be - a laconic, hard-bitten,red-blooded heterosexual. Those on the Left find all these things abhorrent. His love of country was equally sneer-worthy, especially in the 1960s

mini-bio [IMDB]
John Wayne was born Marion Robert Morrison in Iowa, to Mary Alberta (Brown) and Clyde Leonard Morrison, a pharmacist. He was of English, Ulster-Scots, and Irish ancestry.

Clyde developed a lung condition that required him to move his family from Iowa to the warmer climate of southern California, where they tried ranching in the Mojave Desert. Until the ranch failed, Marion and his younger brother Robert E. Morrison swam in an irrigation ditch and rode a horse to school. When the ranch failed, the family moved to Glendale, California, where Marion delivered medicines for his father, sold newspapers and had an Airedale dog named "Duke" (the source of his own nickname). He did well at school both academically and in football. When he narrowly failed admission to Annapolis he went to USC on a football scholarship 1925-7. Tom Mix got him a summer job as a prop man in exchange for football tickets. On the set he became close friends with director John Ford for whom, among others, he began doing bit parts, some billed as John Wayne. His first featured film was Men Without Women (1930). After more than 70 low-budget westerns and adventures, mostly routine, Wayne's career was stuck in a rut until Ford cast him in Stagecoach (1939), the movie that made him a star. He appeared in nearly 250 movies, many of epic proportions. From 1942-43 he was in a radio series, "The Three Sheets to the Wind", and in 1944 he helped found the Motion Picture Alliance for the Preservation of American Ideals, a Conservative political organization, later becoming its President. His conservative political stance was also reflected in The Alamo (1960), which he produced, directed and starred in. His patriotic stand was enshrined in The Green Berets (1968) which he co-directed and starred in. Over the years Wayne was beset with health problems. In September 1964 he had a cancerous left lung removed; in March 1978 there was heart valve replacement surgery; and in January 1979 his stomach was removed. He received the Best Actor nomination for Sands of Iwo Jima (1949) and finally got the Oscar for his role as one-eyed Rooster Cogburn in True Grit (1969). A Congressional Gold Medal was struck in his honor in 1979. He is perhaps best remembered for his parts in Ford's cavalry trilogy - Fort Apache (1948), She Wore a Yellow Ribbon (1949) and Rio Grande (1950).

And this;

Because his on-screen adventures involved the slaying of a slew of Mexicans, Native Americans and Japanese, he has been called a racist by his critics. They believe this was strengthened by a Playboy Magazine interview in which he suggested that blacks were not yet qualified to hold high public office because "discrimination prevented them from receiving the kind of education a political career requires". Yet all of his three wives were of Latin descent.

Rest in Peace Duke - they are not worthy.
Strangely enough many of the servicemen of his generation who had gone through WW2, both US and UK loved his films. My father for example Sicily, Salerno, D Day, Walchren, the Rhine doing for real what John Wayne did on film, perhaps they saw him as their voice, dunno a bit to deep for me.

Not to mention that the sainted Abraham Lincoln was dead against abolition just weeks before he made it law. Definitely not a man of conviction.
He was very honest about it. His priority was keeping the US as one country, the slavery bit wasn't as important.

"If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone, I would also do that."

Grobnob

Swinger
Calls for John Wayne Airport to be renamed because of alleged racist nature of John Wayne, the man that once said of blacks "I believe in white supremacy until the Blacks are educated to a point of responsibility. I don't believe in giving authority and positions of leadership and judgement to irresponsible people"

Last I heard Ameriky was a plague ridden shithole country. They can call their airports what they like but few tourists are gonna want to visit the most infected toxic dump on the planet. They should concentrate on washing their hands, wearing masks and keeping at least 4,242 miles away from me. I heard the EU were even thinking of banning Yanks from going there on holiday.
22102.jpeg

There may be a link between voting for an ex gameshow host with a toupee of his own hair combed around his empty head who suggests the virus may disappear in April or could be treated by injecting disinfectant into the lungs or shining light inside the body and the fact they've lost 125,000 people, have massive unemployment and are seeing their economy going down the u bend.

Winging about what a long dead actor said in a 1971 Playboy interview is hardly current news, nor going to help anyone with the massive problem of the pandemic. If you want to know more here's a summary of the interview where he elaborates on slavery and the colonisation of America.

Fill your boots -

In the 1971 interview, Wayne railed against “perverted films,” giving the interviewer, Richard Warren Lewis, two examples when asked: “Easy Rider” and “Midnight Cowboy.”

The actor described the characters in the latter film with a homophobic slur, then went on to extol the virtues of sexual intercourse between men and women.

“I believe in white supremacy,” he said, and spoke harshly about African Americans, saying, “We can’t all of a sudden get down on our knees and turn everything over to the leadership of the blacks.

“I don’t believe in giving authority and positions of leadership and judgment to irresponsible people,” he said.

Of slavery, he said that he didn’t feel any guilt.

“I don’t feel guilty about the fact that five or 10 generations ago these people were slaves,” he said. “Now, I’m not condoning slavery. It’s just a fact of life, like the kid who gets infantile paralysis and has to wear braces so he can’t play football with the rest of us.”

And he spoke harshly about Native Americans when asked whether he felt any empathy for them, given the centrality many of them played in the Westerns he had worked on.

“I don’t feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them, if that’s what you’re asking,” Wayne said. “Our so-called stealing of this country from them was just a matter of survival. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.”

He was very honest about it. His priority was keeping the US as one country, the slavery bit wasn't as important.

"If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone, I would also do that."
Thats the Lincoln Memorial gone then... :rolleyes:

Pah! I'll take your airports name, and raise you a state name. Pennsylvania! Named after William Penn who owned black slaves.
I may email BLM this overlooked fact then sit back with some popcorn.

Of slavery, he said that he didn’t feel any guilt.

“I don’t feel guilty about the fact that five or 10 generations ago these people were slaves,” he said. “Now, I’m not condoning slavery. It’s just a fact of life, like the kid who gets infantile paralysis and has to wear braces so he can’t play football with the rest of us.”
With an implication that his opinions wrong

But why should he - it had nothing to do with him

Collective punishment is a war crime / human rights violation,
Holding all members of a group responsible for the actions of one is a human rights violations

The sins of the father shall not be visited upon the children is a central tennet - I must admit I was until recently unaware of the small print that states - except where the sin is slavery but only where that sin involves white owners and Black slaves whereupon all following generations need atone for this by taking a knee and apologising - failure to do so means you need to check your privilege you racist cnut

syrup

LE
Didn't the Duke roll up with a couple of tanks at a university or somewhere when he had been invited to give a talk and they were going to protest it.

Dr Death

Old-Salt
*Yes, Brighton City Airport (Shoreham) to be renamed after local legend Chris Eubank.

And calls for London City Airport to be renamed as Diane Abbott City Airport?

* Complete nonsense but people will get the idea and go for it, probably, allegedly.

Latest Threads