He must work out. (Paris toddler balcony rescue)

Next: a series of mysterious fires in apartments, with heavy loss of life, as asylum-seekers try to create 'heroic rescue' opportunities.

Well done however. Top work.

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
French have form for rewarding migrants.
One earned their citizenship during the Charlie Ebdou shooting when it ended at the supermarket. Ushered a bunch of shoppers into shelter and kept them safe.

I'm surprised the Mail hasn't written it up as 'Immigrant steals baby'

The Wail reports he’s been offered a job in the Fire Brigade. The Paris Fire Brigade is part of the Armed Forces and yer man doesn’t appear to parlez Francais. So it’s probably bollocks.
he's Malian. They speak French and he's now a French citizens (no good deed goes unpunished). The Paris fire brigade is not the only fire brigade in France.

Last edited:

walrusboy

War Hero
I don't think you have to possess the climbing skills of a chimpanzee to get into the fire brigade.
Exactly. I suppose he could lift a slightly alarmed cat out of a tree but let's see how good he is at table-tennis, snooker and pushing out the weights. Or how he copes with a charity car-wash day.

Can he stand on a picket line for days at a time? (four days and then four days off) I doubt it.

FBU walt.

I don't think you have to possess the climbing skills of a chimpanzee to get into the fire brigade.

That's probably the reason they have ladders.
Are you calling that man of colour a chimpanzee?

I’m outraged on his behalf.

French have form for rewarding migrants.
One earned their citizenship during the Charlie Ebdou shooting when it ended at the supermarket. Ushered a bunch of shoppers into shelter and kept them safe.
three years in the legion or being wounded in battle also does it. "Français par le sang versé" French for 'french by spilled blood'. You'd have thought being wounded was bad enough ;)

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
The papers are calling him a Spiderman - OH pointed out that "well, they couldn't call him a monkey..."

Exactly. I suppose he could lift a slightly alarmed cat out of a tree but let's see how good he is at table-tennis, snooker and pushing out the weights. Or how he copes with a charity car-wash day.

Can he stand on a picket line for days at a time? (four days and then four days off) I doubt it.

FBU walt.
Don't forget those second jobs.

The papers are calling him a Spiderman - OH pointed out that "well, they couldn't call him a monkey..."
what about being a spider monkey?

Latest Threads