He might be a short, cheese-eating surrender monkey with a horny wife but ........

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by dogs_bollox, Feb 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It seems calling multiculturalim a failure is the new fashion for european politics, but i doubt anything will dramaticaly change as MPs just say what people like to hear most the time

2. Maybe it was in French... ;-) :mrgreen: Anyway, I should have thought that Sarkozy would have come out with a joint statement to that effect with his best bud, Merkle. Perfidious Albion (David Cameron) had already come to this conclusion a month ago. :p

3. No, i thought i'd just post something i'd not read and let everyone come call me a prick. You have the prize as being the first :)

I particularly did not read the line "I am Kurdish. I want passport". Or the detail that says that the Frogs are as hand-tied as we are over how we deal with these illegal entry folk.

I'd not realised that France was so close to Syria as to be the first port of call for asylum seekers. Nor that Syria is in deep political turmoil where people's lives are being threatened on a daily basis.

My point had been that Sarko was appearing to talk sense and not a particular reference to the rest of the article on where and how asylum seekers are dealt with. Did you read my title and first line ?

Sadly I think John Civie is right though but it's always nice to read a politician who has a view that is akin to my own.

D_B

4. Multiculturism is no bad thing but it can't be forced on people. I think Blair and brown should be sent to Iraq, Iran and Afghastlystan to try and install it there.

5. Of course its bad, it doesnt work and just winds up at least one section of the population against another.
    Only anyone who dared mention it a few years ago was a Nazi, racist, etc etc

6. That was my point Cameron said the same last month so the posters wish that this 'disease' spreads to the UK is a bit late.

7. Is the Frog getting the same abuse as Cameron though? Didn't the bellend brigade try to link him into supporting the EDL?

8. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

It is all good and well politicians saying that multiculturalism has failed, until they actually do something about making Britain or France or Germany into the countries supporting the local population rather than the incoming people then nothing will change.

9. Should multiculturalism not inlude Nazis and Racists ?

10. Not sure but the French seem to be doing ok getting rid of gyppo's.

11. To be fair Jarrod, you do have a point. And kudos for not biting at my response.

And I shouldn't have used the word disease in inverted commas. I'm all for a little bit of multiculturism. But when it starts to take precedence over the host culture I'm very much agin it. If I want to be immersed in a foreign culture, generally, I have gone and lived or holidayed there.

D_B

12. The question is what can a country do about this failed experiment? I'm sure action will only be taken in a recession which is what will no doubt happen. the action though wouldn't be by the state it'll be by the people. I imagine when there is race hate on the streets and rioting, the govt. can just say sorry it was all our fault.

13. Just by applying one law for everyone (where practical) will solve most of the multicultral bollocks.