• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

He might be a short, cheese-eating surrender monkey with a horny wife but ........

It seems calling multiculturalim a failure is the new fashion for european politics, but i doubt anything will dramaticaly change as MPs just say what people like to hear most the time

Did you read the article?
No, i thought i'd just post something i'd not read and let everyone come call me a prick. You have the prize as being the first :)

I particularly did not read the line "I am Kurdish. I want passport". Or the detail that says that the Frogs are as hand-tied as we are over how we deal with these illegal entry folk.

I'd not realised that France was so close to Syria as to be the first port of call for asylum seekers. Nor that Syria is in deep political turmoil where people's lives are being threatened on a daily basis.

My point had been that Sarko was appearing to talk sense and not a particular reference to the rest of the article on where and how asylum seekers are dealt with. Did you read my title and first line ?

Sadly I think John Civie is right though but it's always nice to read a politician who has a view that is akin to my own.

D_B

Multiculturism is no bad thing but it can't be forced on people. I think Blair and brown should be sent to Iraq, Iran and Afghastlystan to try and install it there.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Maybe it was in French... ;-) :mrgreen: Anyway, I should have thought that Sarkozy would have come out with a joint statement to that effect with his best bud, Merkle. Perfidious Albion (David Cameron) had already come to this conclusion a month ago. :p
That was my point Cameron said the same last month so the posters wish that this 'disease' spreads to the UK is a bit late.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It is all good and well politicians saying that multiculturalism has failed, until they actually do something about making Britain or France or Germany into the countries supporting the local population rather than the incoming people then nothing will change.

To be fair Jarrod, you do have a point. And kudos for not biting at my response.

And I shouldn't have used the word disease in inverted commas. I'm all for a little bit of multiculturism. But when it starts to take precedence over the host culture I'm very much agin it. If I want to be immersed in a foreign culture, generally, I have gone and lived or holidayed there.

D_B

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
To be fair Jarrod, you do have a point. And kudos for not biting at my response.

And I shouldn't have used the word disease in inverted commas. I'm all for a little bit of multiculturism. But when it starts to take precedence over the host culture I'm very much agin it. If I want to be immersed in a foreign culture, generally, I have gone and lived or holidayed there.

D_B
The question is what can a country do about this failed experiment? I'm sure action will only be taken in a recession which is what will no doubt happen. the action though wouldn't be by the state it'll be by the people. I imagine when there is race hate on the streets and rioting, the govt. can just say sorry it was all our fault.

The question is what can a country do about this failed experiment? I'm sure action will only be taken in a recession which is what will no doubt happen. the action though wouldn't be by the state it'll be by the people. I imagine when there is race hate on the streets and rioting, the govt. can just say sorry it was all our fault.
Just by applying one law for everyone (where practical) will solve most of the multicultral bollocks.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Just by applying one law for everyone (where practical) will solve most of the multicultral bollocks.
It might have done so but i'm afraid it's probably too late now. I'm fairly sure when people really start getting into financial problems and so many people are unemployed then it'll become an 'Us or them' situation. It won't matter who was born where, when people start losing their houses and can't find work, then it'll be real trouble.

It won't matter who was born where, when people start losing their houses and can't find work, then it'll be real trouble.
I disagree, I'm sure the National Front might have something to say along those lines because that has more to do with immigration, but when it comes to multiculturalism most average people get pissed off when they see exceptions made for others and they are called fascists etc for daring to disagree.

It might have done so but i'm afraid it's probably too late now. I'm fairly sure when people really start getting into financial problems and so many people are unemployed then it'll become an 'Us or them' situation. It won't matter who was born where, when people start losing their houses and can't find work, then it'll be real trouble.
Hmm..... the peasants will start revolting & rioting in the streets against their corrupt leaders ala Tunisia, Egypt, Libya ! Interesting times ahead, methinks perhaps Enoch's prophesies, see here :- Enoch Powell: Rivers of Blood will come to pass :-(

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I disagree, I'm sure the National Front might have something to say along those lines because that has more to do with immigration, but when it comes to multiculturalism most average people get pissed off when they see exceptions made for others and they are called fascists etc for daring to disagree.
It won't matter who says what when things start getting tight. When the reposessions start and the interest rates rise, the Poles and Latvians will go back and whoever is left, that appears a bit different will be the scapegoats. The depth of recession will be a direct measure of increased support for the likes of the BNP.

Latest Threads