• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

He is going to stick out a bit

They will take his best turban, spray it with Evo-stik and roll it in hair-clippings. Good as the real thing.

Or were you hoping for some printable quotes, ones ideally involving UKIP and sending them all back?

Not really, I am not a journo or a politician in any way, and I do not consider myself in any way racist, however I do believe in traditions, and I think this is a step backwards, surely he could wear something under his bearskin.

He's a Sikh and his people have a long and proud tradition serving King, Queen and country.
Good on him I say, he'll be an excellent role model for young Sikh lads.

image.jpg

The Sihks were the most loyal sepoys we we had in India, they never mutinied, we shouldn't ever forget that, they haven't and their neighbours in India haven't. When other sepoys were murdering British women and children sihks were also being killed protecting them. They are a warrior people, that's the only reason they still exist.

They also recently offered to raise and man a British Sihk infantry batallion in the UK, shot down by the new labourites as being not multi culti enough and a red flag for our new masters in Pakistan.

Bout time I'd say, at least he's not a porridge wog!

Z

Zarathustra

I'm glad to see the Scots Guards are holding up the finest traditions of getting bent out of shape about something that no one outside of F Company will give two shits about.

The Sihks were the most loyal sepoys we we had in India, they never mutinied, we shouldn't ever forget that, they haven't and their neighbours in India haven't. When other sepoys were murdering British women and children sihks were also being killed protecting them. They are a warrior people, that's the only reason they still exist.

They also recently offered to raise and man a British Sihk infantry batallion in the UK, shot down by the new labourites as being not multi culti enough and a red flag for our new masters in Pakistan.

Bout time I'd say, at least he's not a porridge wog!
Whilst I've got a couple of Sikh mates, a good number of the Sikhs in the RHKP went over the the Japanese during WW2, which meant hen the British returned in 1945 the Sikhs were no longer welcome to join the OB.

(In fairness, some other Sikh RHKP risked their lives to smuggle food to gweilo OB who were interned by the Japs).

Z

Zarathustra

No you're wrong, he is a Sikh who has joined the Scots Guards, there for he will be the first to guard Buckingham Palace without a bearskin.

No you're wrong, he is a Sikh who has joined the Scots Guards, there for he will be the first to guard Buckingham Palace without a bearskin.
Point of pedantry but it doesn't say that in the headline. There has been numerous guards guarding Buck House without a bearskin.

Z

Zarathustra

Point of pedantry but it doesn't say that in the headline. There has been numerous guards guarding Buck House without a bearskin.
Not quite, there have been numerous Corps and Regiments mounting Royal guards who don't wear bear skins, there have never been guards who don't wear bearskins (until now).

It's worrying just how precious the British Army can get over it's large collection of bizarre hats.

Out of interest, I presume this lad has to wear a Helmet at some stage and so has to wear the smaller "hanky" type Sikh headgear. Whats stopping him wearing that underneath a bearskin? I think the biggest shocker here is that the Jock Guards are relying on Brummy to prop up their ranks.

Z

Zarathustra

It's worrying just how precious the British Army can get over it's large selection of bizarre headdress.

Out of interest, I presume this lad has to wear a Helmet at some stage and so has to wear the smaller "hanky" type Sikh headgear. Whats stopping him wearing that underneath a bearskin? I think the biggest shocker here is that the Jock Guards are relying on Brummy to prop up their ranks.
It doesn't seem to be the Army getting worked up, more just a few losers from the Scots Guards who can't face the fact that we no longer live in the 1800s.

The question about why he can't wear a bearskin is a good one.

Latest Threads