He’s Gen

There is walting it up convincingly and then rhere is this... Not you is it @Queensman ;)

View attachment 431780
He allegedly claims that his oddly worn gongage is from four Op Banner tours.

Walt Hunters, stand down and double away... Not interested in who, how or why... Just an image that catches your eye.

(he almost certainly isn’t harming anybody or claiming great feats of heroism)
is this Tony_O I ask myself

It's Mike Goldens daddy. {the DNA may not match though}

This poor fellow cropped up on and is taking a bashing on our Battalion Facebook page. The fact that he's turned out sporting a black beret has exercised just as many as the gongs worn North Korean stylee.
By popular opinion, he's thought to be a 3rd Bn wallah ;)
I am not sure that the fellow is knowingly walting it up. There has to be some sort of reasoning behind the number of GSMs and the style in which they are worn.

You’d have to imagine that an ex serviceman entitled to wear a GSM would know that only one medal would be worn (perhaps with more than one clasp of course*). No ex serviceman would wear his (or anybody else's medals) in that way. Would they?

*something like a dozen clasps were issued with GSM 62. Most anyone qualified for was something like six. Four is quite possible.

Maybe he's wearing all 4 as an act of remembrance for Bugsy's slaughtered family?

Sure you appreciated the efforts of your ECM bod though.
Despite the fact they're stinking handbags.
True, their brew making wasn’t bad.

I am not sure that the fellow is knowingly walting it up. There has to be some sort of reasoning behind the number of GSMs and the style in which they are worn.

You’d have to imagine that an ex serviceman entitled to wear a GSM would know that only one medal would be worn (perhaps with more than one clasp of course*). No ex serviceman would wear his (or anybody else's medals) in that way. Would they?

*something like a dozen clasps were issued with GSM 62. Most anyone qualified for was something like six. Four is quite possible.
No, I don't think it's walting within the accepted meaning of the term either. Although, such bizarreness invariably tends to enhance the individual in their own eyes- after all, nobody ever said, "let's start a custom where you go one rank down for your wedding'

Sometimes, you come across individuals whose logic ( "I've completed four NI tours so I should have four medals") is so at odds with reality that you can only gasp at it.

No, I don't think it's walting within the accepted meaning of the term either. Although, such bizarreness invariably tends to enhance the individual in their own eyes- after all, nobody ever said, "let's start a custom where you go one rank down for your wedding'

Sometimes, you come across individuals whose logic ( "I've completed four NI tours so I should have four medals") is so at odds with reality that you can only gasp at it.
Even so, pinning them randomly like that? Wrong beret for the cap badge?

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

The_Poltroon

Clanker
I remember the Queens being in Minden circa 1991.

We used to batter them for fun.

What a bunch of softc**ks.

At least the Argylls put up more of a fight when they were there

Even so, pinning them randomly like that? Wrong beret for the cap badge?

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk
Navy blue beret during the Regiment’s existence I believe (@Queensman May confirm).

Perhaps the black beret matey appears to be wearing in the Quattro GSM image is actually a navy blue one in funny light.

3rd Bn Queens Regt. Shooting Team
1574380877259.jpeg

If I recall correctly, @haloman has six. He may also be the only one living so qualified.

Do you mean he's done 4 of these?

I remember the Queens being in Minden circa 1991.

We used to batter them for fun.

What a bunch of softc**ks.

At least the Argylls put up more of a fight when they were there
Who were you with?

Latest Threads