HDT

Hopefully I'm in the right place for a bit of help over HDT(automatic) on JPA.
I live 80 miles from my duty station, I receive HDT which I'm aware is up to a max of50 miles (unless special circumstances). My OC gave permission for me to live out, i get the 50 miles HDT but still have to pay the 9mile personal contribution (PC). Is this right having effectively paid 30miles PC already?

You can put a case up to demonstrate that it is cheaper to pay you the extra miles, rather than the relocation and disturbance allowance.

Did that a few times for people when I worked in Marchwood and they all got it every time.

AFAIK this is correct, i've had HTD a couple of times, for travelling over 50 miles, but only got the 41 miles each way. But i'm sure, asDS says, theree may be a case for it being cheaper to pay the whole whack rather than to relocate you, I think it depends on the length of your assignment, i.e. if you are going to be there for a few years then the cost of relocation may be less than paying it all, but if you are not it may be cheaper to relocate you

percussion_maintenance said:
Hopefully I'm in the right place for a bit of help over HDT(automatic) on JPA.
I live 80 miles from my duty station, I receive HDT which I'm aware is up to a max of50 miles (unless special circumstances). My OC gave permission for me to live out, i get the 50 miles HDT but still have to pay the 9mile personal contribution (PC). Is this right having effectively paid 30miles PC already?
Its correct Im affraid. I live 55 miles from duty station and the extra miles dont come into it