Discussion in 'RAC' started by public_service, Feb 24, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey, this is my first post, so stick with me!

On completion of my college course, im planning on going into the Parachute Regiment, or the Household Cavalry. Im in the process of joining the East of England Regiment, TA I just wondered if there is there anyone on the forum who is, or was in the HCAV, or anyone who knows a bit about them? What sort of things they get up to, what to expect etc.

I've researched a bit on the Army careers site, and i understand their role in the Army. I was just wanting to hear some things from people in the regiment.

Any view given would give help a deal.

Ta very much. :D

2. Join the Parachute Regiment...
  3. Forget the rest.......join the best.....H/CAV. :D
  4. Take your time and view all the options. Do your best to ensure you will be happy with your job - wherever you finish up.
  5. If you really want to be happy, serve with great friends and wonderful soldiers, join RHG/D
  6. have been the CDT team been round your place recently, should do with advice like that!
  7. Mix both HCAV have a squadron ish attached to 16 Air Assaukt so they do Pcompany , wear the wings & the Beret.

most of them are okay I recently spent 7ish months with them, don't listen to the stories about them.
  8. why are you being nice to them? Did the Knightsbridge Commandoes let you try their nighties on or something?
  9. I agree 15 fantastic years I spent in the RHG/D
    they have their own red berets, green berets and more medals than me granddad
    a truly professional regiment

now I'm gone anyway... :lol:
  10. Nowhere near Kbridge, honest MOST were ok, some were (I could regret saying this...) a pain in the a.... even us STABs made them look bad at their jobs.
  11. Individual unit pride set to one side - every unit has its wassocks.
  12. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Were you with A or B when you were far away from Knightsbridge?
    Agree with you on the point about listening to stories about them
    I suppose you get good and bad in any regiment I would certanly serve with them again given the chance
    8) :lol:
  13. B, what fun was had by all,
    2 weeks before end of tour up sticks & move now.

Would I serve with them again? to be quite honest yes. if it wasn't for the the fact Afgahnis platz isn't complusory...
  14. join the cav best of both worlds see get your wings an get maxium tour time seems they may as well be based in either afgan or iraq if given the choice go blues an royals mate you dont wanna be a tin trust me
  15. :banned: go for the royal engineers AND BLOW STUFF UP.or the h/cav and blow a horse. :banned: