Hcav RRT, no reply

I'm re-enlisting into the HCav after a stint in the Infantry then Civy street ( too much scum these days ). I'm goin to ADSC tommorow to see if I'm suitable for the Cav ( better bloody be! ). Anyway I've been told by my recruiting office in Glasgow that I'll automatically be starting off in ceremonial, but I spent a year at Harrogate then went through the boredom of ITC catterick and a year in civ pop so you can see why I really want to get in the field. I sent an email to the RRT asking if anything can be changed to send me to Bovy first but as yet have had no reply. Does anyone know if I'll just have to lump it in London for a year or so first or can it be arranged to go to windsor? Any reply is much appreciated.
P.S last time I did RS I had to do exercises in my scants for the "doctor", is this normal or exploitation? It was brought up at AFC a lot, but I jus wondered what the officialdom line was .lol Cheers

If your recruiting office is glasgow, give SCOTSDG a call. No public Duties and straight onto real tanks but still the option for recce

s54 ''Thats a Delta Hotel call ready copy next 9 line''

Your target is a large CR 2 tank static in field because its broke down again.

Go GLO!!!!!!!

ignore them bloodgroup, they are only upset that they cant play with the big boys toys. :)

If you want formation recce, may i suggest the 9/12 lancers? they are our elite FR unit far better than the QDG

bloodgroup_o+ said:
I'm re-enlisting into the HCav after a stint in the Infantry then Civy street ( too much scum these days ). I'm goin to ADSC tommorow to see if I'm suitable for the Cav ( better bloody be! ). Anyway I've been told by my recruiting office in Glasgow that I'll automatically be starting off in ceremonial, but I spent a year at Harrogate then went through the boredom of ITC catterick and a year in civ pop so you can see why I really want to get in the field. I sent an email to the RRT asking if anything can be changed to send me to Bovy first but as yet have had no reply. Does anyone know if I'll just have to lump it in London for a year or so first or can it be arranged to go to windsor? Any reply is much appreciated.
P.S last time I did RS I had to do exercises in my scants for the "doctor", is this normal or exploitation? It was brought up at AFC a lot, but I jus wondered what the officialdom line was .lol Cheers
I think if you join the H Cav these days you have to go through riding School first, if you go to the H/Cav web site you can contact them there and they can give you all the info.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
vandyke said:
ignore them bloodgroup, they are only upset that they cant play with the big boys toys. :)

If you want formation recce, may i suggest the 9/12 lancers? they are our elite FR unit far better than the QDG
Yeah the 9/12L are so elite, few people have ever heard of them and they simply cannot get the quality of recruit ...

All jokes aside, If you want Formation Recce but dont want all the horse crap, then you can do a lot worse than QDG. There a good bunch.

But what happened to you after ITC catterick? Why go through AFC, then ITC without going to your unit. Did you sustain an injury and discharge?

lol I trapped a nerve in my back at ITC on battle camp, ended up in the biff company with the turdites you tend to get in the Infantry and I was already thinkin about the Cav but my OC jus F'd me about and wouldnt put through my request to transfer so I jus opted for the discharge rather than go to the scally RHF. Basically I went for HCR because fancied goin "airborne" but if I can't go onto the CVRT's first I'm goin to look elsewhere because no offense no any1 here but I'd rather shit maself in the woods than on a horse. I did look at SCOTS DG but I'd rather join a recce regiment coz I'd prob get more deployments and scimitar is jus a lot more appealin than CR2.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P RAC 22
tom_c RAC 12
far-famed_wolf RAC 8