HCav Intake?

Discussion in 'RAC' started by C!rook, Apr 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey all,

I was hopeing someone would know the intake dates for the household cavalry? by which I mean if I were to walk in to my ACO now and join up, when would it happen?

any infomation appriciated.
  2. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Take a walk to your ACIO.
  3. There are intakes all year round but you need to get down to the AFCO or ACIO and get the ball rolling.
  4. Just like a normal job there is an application process where you will have to be found suitable to be selected. Help yourself by researching the acio process on-line, be physically fit, smartly dressed and know the history of the regt you want to join.
  5. Thanks alot everyone.
  6. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

In the mid-70s I walked into an ACIO mid-December with not a clue about what I was doing (except I really wanted to be a tank commander). I timed it cos I was hopeful I wouldn't be discovering the price of my actions over Christmas. As it happens I was in a couple of weeks after Christmas.

Having ended up in the RMP (don't ask) and realised I had screwed up, I got out in April, spent the summer on the dole and on the beach, then started again in June, this time demanding I be guaranteed a place in the RAC. There was some delay because RMP Records wouldn't let go, but I was re-enlisted by the end of August and a Catterick Commando by the end of September.

Course that was when the army was needing them, not feeding them.