HCav - do i have a chance?

Good afternoon gentlemen,

I want to join the HCav, but I have been told it is full of so called "Toffs". I hate it when people say that. But is it true?

Will I, as a middle class lad have a chance of joining the ranks?

Many thanks,

Jamie

is your dad rrriiiichhh,like real rich,do you own surrey,polo ponies at least 6,,-yacht -house in london -chelsea -and another in devon-go skiing 3 times a year---well your in then..

If you want it, go for it, old son. IF you fail, then at least you can say that you gave it a shot.

As for finding out who uses what kit and where, try doing some personal research on the future career of your choice. It will stand you in good stead. Then you can make your own mind up.

Rgds and best of luck

Jonny

1140_Sqn said:
so i dont have a chance?? are the lancers HCav? dont they use warrirors?

Jamie

If you think the HCR drive Warriors, then you will have bigger problems getting in than just your lack of private income.

to pay for all your rent boys,wild parties,silly uniform and not forgetting a nice xmas and birthday pres for the boss..

I suppose it's got more to do with attitude that money....but it does help. That and a penchant for horsey girls and shotguns. Bwrrr...WOOF WOOF!

1140_Sqn said:
Good afternoon gentlemen,

I want to join the HCav, but I have been told it is full of so called "Toffs". I hate it when people say that. But is it true?

Will I, as a middle class lad have a chance of joining the ranks?

Many thanks,

Jamie

Hi Jamie

I assume you are posting here, because you would like to join the HCR as an officer. If you're still at school or maybe at university, the best thing to do is to speak to your schools or university liaison officer and tell him / her that you are interested in the HCR, and arrange a visit / interview.

That will also concentrate your mind a bit in terms of finding about about what they do and the equipment they use before you go.

You are making no commitment to join them and there will be no fall-out if you or they decide 'no thanks'.

Lots of guys in your position will probably end up visiting a range of cav, infantry, gunner and other regiments - which is no bad thing and gives you lots of info on which to select an arm / regiment that suits you.

Hope this helps.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P RAC 22
tom_c RAC 12
far-famed_wolf RAC 8