HAZMAT Driver Awareness

Can anyone point me in the right direction where in JSP 800 the details of the requirements & validity of the HAZMAT driver awareness course is ?

IIRC the HAZMAT aware is not a course, but just being informed that you are carrying explosives that are under the threshold for full HAZMAT precautions and you know what to do in the event of an accident or fire.

All in the DG website on the intranet no need to trawl through the JSP. It's just a powerpoint presentation followed by a signature on your 600.

To digress slightly if no one objects.

Can someone remind me what the different colour flags denote in military vehicle convoys, please? There are Red, green, and Yellow, and blue, are there any others and what do they mean.

Can anyone remember seeing the convoys from somewhere near Tadley up to Scotland, they usually ran under cover of darkness.

To digress slightly if no one objects.

Can someone remind me what the different colour flags denote in military vehicle convoys, please? There are Red, green, and Yellow, and blue, are there any others and what do they mean.

Can anyone remember seeing the convoys from somewhere near Tadley up to Scotland, they usually ran under cover of darkness.
A driver should be on this like a tramp on chips.

B

Bottleosmoke

Wah shield on.

Blue - Lead vehicle in packet
Green - Rear Vehicle in packet
Yellow - Broken down needing recovery

Red - Female Troopy on the rag.

.... Can anyone remember seeing the convoys from somewhere near Tadley up to Scotland, they usually ran under cover of darkness.
Yes, I used to see them quite often. They weren't always during the hours of darkness either, though they used to time them to avoid busy periods at the bottlenecks. It was much better once the Haul Road was built.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K RLC 22
happysapper Weapons, Equipment & Rations 15
Stouty Infantry 0