Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by The_Snail, Jul 10, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Who the fuck invented that?

Probably some spaghetti monster who thought "Well, she hasn't checked on the tumble dryer or the cricket for an hour, I shall smite her".

What's the deal? I know Kleenex has shares in most of you for other reasons, but I don't think this is fair.

I've tried antihistamines (sp), they just dry me up and it means I have to blow my nose even harder (photos are available of my used tissues, don't bother sending me yours). to get the big bits out, and no I don't pick them out.

My neighbours say "Are you going to sort your garden our? Have you been crying?" Lazy bastards won't do the garden FOR me though. You just can't trust pensioners these days.

Maybe I shouldn't have moved to that Yorkshire.

Oh, and if anyone thinks they can troll all over this thread and take the piss out of me, good.

It's my thread, and I appreciate the pisstaking and slating, because I'm not as precious as some people.
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Hayfever - it's all in the head.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. When I used to get it, the only thing I found that worked was Beconase. You don't need a prescription but you need to ask for it at the pharmacy counter.

You spray it up your nose twice a day. Takes a few days to start working but after that, you'll have no trouble. It contains a steroid so some people get nose bleeds.

Edited to add ....

When you start getting on a bit, your nose is one of many things that stops running like it used to.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. hotel_california

hotel_california LE Book Reviewer

This hayfever means I go through several boxes of Kleenex a day.
    I mean, what else is there to do but wank all day when you stuck indoors due to allergies?
    • Like Like x 8
  5. There are different anti histamines with different actions: loretadine, citerozine hydrochloride, (scuse spellink) and others. As stated there are also nasal sprays.

I tried the fucking lot in huge doses and none really had an effect.

About 3 years ago I gave up smoking and started jogging and hey presto, although not asymptomatic, I don't suffer half as much as I did.

Hope this helps.
  6. Vaseline smeared around the nostrils stops the snot and sneezing.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using ARRSE mobile app
  7. I used to have a Beconase inhaler, but I'm a civvy cunt now. Oh, should have I said ex Army or Veteran?

Why does it feel so shit though? I know there are plenty of people on here who'd like to put a skewer into my head, but at the moment, I'd do it my fucking self.
  8. It doesn't work Mimi.
  9. you're not as cool as you used to be though
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Give up smoking? Start jogging?
    • Like Like x 1
  11. hotel_california

hotel_california LE Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 1
  12. Here you go. This will stop the hayfever and cut down on the number of paperbags.

Just what you need.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Kenalog injections stop hayfever. The NHS don't like giving them out because of health concerns, but if you get it badly, it's worth considering.

This lot will sort you out for £150 or so.

Sameday Doctor