Hayfever question

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by telemachus, May 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

Could anyone tell me whether hayfever will prevent entry to the TA. I rang up the afco and they wouldn't tell me either way, simply saying you would have to apply to see whther it would be a problem.

Any inside info would be appreciated.

2. msr

msr LE

Go to your local unit and speak to the doc.

3. MSR

My dear chap, this thread seems to have shrunk overnight. Whatever happened to the spirit of free exchange of opinions and (dubious) advice that we denizens of ARRSE take such pleasure in?

Mr Logic
  4. msr

msr LE

I try to keep dribbling out of this forum.

5. I'm pretty positive it won't. I'm regular, and suffered hayfever for years. You should see me in the summer, I looked like a smacked up junkie on meth, and thats from taking 180mg telfasts.

I'm sure it wont be a factor at all.
  6. Where's the fun in that!
  7. msr

msr LE

This is a small, serious corner of arrse :)

There are plenty of other places for 'amusing discourse'.

8. Luckily I got to see the posts before they were deleted by the Boss, msr. Seeing as though there isn't a post on the subject, as far as I can discover at any rate, would it be an idea to leave the posts up as a source of info for anyone else seeking answers about hayfever.
    Hayfever/seasonal allergies affect 1 in 5 folk (allegedly) and I dare say many are currently serving and it is interesting to hear about how different people deal with the condition (declared or otherwise). A separate thread perhaps, I dunno. :?
    I'm new here, so what do I know! :)
  9. msr

msr LE

Well, find out from the Doc at your local TAC and let us know ;)

10. Having just had my medical for the Sigs, I was passed (and they were well aware of my hay fever - I told them I was only taking Over the Counter stuff for it.) Of course, you may find it completely different and end up with a doc who bins you for having any fillings.
  11. Have you been to the doctor with it? How bad is it?

Hayfever Dr. Entrancemedicalman? No dont think so...
  13. I've just been on ex with two lads who had pretty bad hayfever, so won't stop you!
  14. Having not toured yet, I can only make an educated guess that hayfever wont be an issue in the middle east. I have hayfever and spend a lot of summers in Cyprus and Turkey, and have never even had a smitten of hayfever. By all accounts, the environment of these two places is very much similar to the middle east. Others may be able to confirm this.
  15. Shouldn't stop you getting in. I said i had it and it still got me in.

Good luck
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.