Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Cuttsy, Jun 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. can hay-fever effect you in your medical? only blood shot eyes.
  2. Absolutly not. I suffer from this b*stard allergy, however it doesnt stop you performing in an operational environment...its just unpleasant for you. Dont worry about it, get some ZIRTEC, its very effective if taken before bed and first thing in the morning.
  3. Totally agree. I put that I had it down on my medical papers when i went on selection and the doc said it was fine to have it.
  4. I served for 13years with it caused me no problems. If you don't fancy taking medices as some make you drowsy, try eating some raw onion works for me and suppresses the sneezing and runny eyes. Yes Old Gregg I agree it is a b*stard.
  5. If I was you, prior to your medical seal your nostrils with builders mortar or silicone, then tell the doctor you fell in a vat of it but you knew your medical was so important you didn't have time to clear all your orifaces.....

I suffered from Hayfever for years, I found the best way was to start fires everywhere you go burning all greenery and anything that creates pollon.

For your medical wear a lycra body suit and jelly sandals..... Docs love it
  6. I done my 22 years and suffered for most of it. I was then given FLIXONASE - a nasal spray and have had no problems since. You can get it over the counter at chemists
  7. Dont accidently swallow it though! you'll be tasting it for a week afterwards.
  8. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

I am almost completely incapacitated at times with it over the summer - Optichrom eyedrops and a Beconase nasal inhaler work miracles for me and lets me go about my business outside.
  9. thanks for the replies. good to know it's all good :)
  10. Wot u going in?
  11. Rac tank crew man
  12. Zirtek is the siht.. stock up, take one a day and you will be fine. My hay fever is a nightmare.. turns out I had nasal polyps and the doc gave me "Betnesol" which cleared it right up.

13. For me,Zinc tablets also suppress the symptoms to a point where they are barely noticeable. This also worked for about 8 of 9 people I know that also tried it.I no longer bother with inhalers, antihistamines etc.
  14. Just a few hours ago I was watching a promotion on US TV , launching the book Secret Food Cures Maybe you may want to have a look at the remedy for Hay Fever,as well as other common ailments.
  15. I thought I was coming down with hay fever, and was worried (again!) about failing my medical because of it. As it turns out, I didn't have hay fever - I was sneezing because somehow I'd managed to cut the inside of my nose 8o .
    Oh well, something else that I've dreaded only for it to turn into a non-problem.