Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by menacingboots, Jan 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Steppenwolf....fuggin awesome. Makes me want to be a hippie again, nubile goth chicks...dance till yer feet hurt, vw camper vans...full moon frenzies...
    One day I may grow up. But not yet....
  2. As they say: "if you can remember it, you weren't really there man."
  3. Damn right sir... er...sounds like time for Orgone Accumalator methinksssssssssssss.............. cue spare brain and more 8 Ace..the odd nympho goth babe..and moveee
  4. So there I was, just started going with Ms Skid (lot of years ago). I'd already checked there was no Janis Ian in her collection. She's cheerfully hustling through the music collection. 'Oh' she says 'Hawkwind' So I sent her home with a bag full of the stuff. Some 9 years later Hawkwind sitting in alphabetical order in her house, (she's a girl). She says 'Can I stick these on ebay'?
    So she did.
    They were coming out of the woodwork, she made a fortune on them.
    Never fails to amaze me, Now that I'm older and greyer its mostly Richard Thompson, Fairport and Blues stuff.
  5. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

For about the last two years (apart from brief excursions into a rock compilation CD) , sat in the CD player in my car has been Captain Lockheed and the Starfighter by Bob Calvert (of Hawkwind) and friends. It is very difficult to press the eject button on this CD and it just plays constantly.
  6. AlienFTM

Funnily enough, the Captain Lockheed sub-page lives in my Bookmarks.
  7. Captain Lockheed............Now theres a memory, oh Godmy brain hurts now.
  8. AlienFTM

I spotted it in a local shop when it was first released. I studied it long and hard but ultimately decided the teenage me had something better to spend his money on.

There was a thread on here about songs with a military theme. When I brought up Captain Lockheed, some kind soul promptly burnt me a CD. So good was it that I bought a legit copy and it has only been out of the car CD player briefly in about three years.