Having just watched Condalisa Rice at the UN

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Nehustan, Aug 11, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Has the whole episode in the region of the East Med. further damaged the USA and allies standing in the world and/or middle east region?

2. Why not ask 'has the whole episode in the region of the East Med. further damaged Hezbollah's and it's allies standing in the world and/or middle east region'?

3. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Because last time I checked Nasrallah doesn't have a seat at the UN. As to their standing in the world I'm not sure they were ever that interested and thus by extension their standing in the local region/amongst the local people cannot be doubted to have been increased. I'm betting that if this resolution holds they will be disbanded and the Lebanese army will grow.

4. Why are you looking for evidence that the US and it's allies have been damaged by this? Surely any focus should be why it all happened in the first place?

5. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I'm not really AWOL, its self evident. I was just struck by it listening to Sec. of State Rice. The strong voice of a strong woman wavered with more than solely the emotion of a succesful outcome. That's the way I read it, that's why I posted the poll.

6. I voted no.

7. Can I assume that you haven't been to Heathrow in the last couple of days, then?

8. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Interesting watching the no votes go up. May I ask is that 'No, it won't damage their standing' or 'No, its F**KED already?'. I found the Qatari representative's statement very telling, no transcript available as of yet but will post it when its on the UN site.

9. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

As a further comment, China's comments were interesting. I heard report that China has had diplomats etc. active in the region over the last weeks.

10. Ah, it's our and the Israeli's fault that people want to blow up our airliners again. Silly me.

11. No but there is a relationship between Islamist terrorism and the level of instability in the Middle East.

12. Not silly you at all! Top marks indeed, awol! Yes it is the fault of the UK and Israel (along with the the USA)! Butcha noo dat orl along, didntcha? :D

Mit sozialistischem Gruß (or MsG)