Having dug through numerous posts from the "other arms"

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by ugly, Jun 27, 2006.

1. yes, I'd love to advertise my former waltishness

2. No thanks, I'm still serving/doing selection

3. Naff off Ugly you old git!

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

all about selling or buying lapel badges for operational attachments such as pointer, Felix, The red paw etc, I wondered if a lapel pin for former COP/NIPG would be worth a sniff. OPSEC prevails and I'm not interested yet in how you prove you were there, but is there any call for one and what form would it take?

Edited to add that I have no idea about how to do the whole thing either!
  2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Nice to see the 3rd option taken up 100%!
    I will investigate the various pms, Thanks Gents and I will have a look at cost if anyone can come up with a suitable design!
  3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I have spoken to the tietack/pin people and it is do able, any ideas if one went for sale who would like one. Proits to a suitable service charity, preferrably one with an NI connection or combat Stress!
    Whoever PM d me about getting the ties etc could they get back in touch please?
  4. Ugly - while your at it look and see if they will do a "I've been let down by Crab Air again!" pin. It could be a simple DMS/BCH boot - after all - that's what we used instead! :p
  5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

The-Daddy whilst I appreciate your humour I have checked and they dont do a leather personnel carrier pin just yet!
  6. The South African Air Force during World War 2 issued an unauthorised (funnily enough) 'winged boot' for pilots who had been shot down/crashed/suffered a hard landing and then walked back. Badge of honour!
  7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I tried to show what stagging on was all about but how do you represent boredom?
  8. I'm sure there's either myth or legend in this topic. There was a strong rumour back in the early 90s that a silver syringe pin was available for SOs who had been hatcheted by the man himself (Sir P Inge for the uninformed). I was personally crucified by the bstd and could never get hold of a pin as consolation. Did they really exist?
  9. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

This is what I had in mind! Still would like a tie though!
  10. Quite big isn't it? Need a wide tie for that!
  11. Use the actual COP shield, had it but it got robbed.

Map symbol for OP (blue triangle) with Badger head inside it.
  12. A sock full of cum? :D
  13. Not being from the infantry (I'm a Tankie) but knowing stuff about COP why don't you use the ISTAR symbol (the christmas tree thingy) or the guys down at Lydd use Badgers in a lot of their symbology. Just a thought...
  14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Good ideas, Lydd was after my time, I was in the unit that had the Blue on Blue forcing the move from BallyK.
    I would like to see the plaque! Obviously the size is not to scale of the image but the sock full of man glue is a good idea as is a clingfilm wrapped richard mistaken for a choccy bar!