Having another STAB at it.

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by EX_STAB, Mar 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well, he's only gone and done it.

22 years after first joining and 17 after leaving, EX_STAB's got an appointment tomorrow evening.

2. Good luck! I've been toying with having another go myself, the concrete industry being a little short on excitement. Would have to get a haircut, and improve the fitness cos I'm thinking infantry...the closest infantry unit to Staines I can find are A Coy 3PWRR in Camberley, is there one closer I'm missing does anyone know?

3. CV's great but the legs creak some days. I'm probably a lot fitter than most civvies of my age if not most civvies.

I'll see if they want me and if so crank it all up a bit.

4. Haircut this pm :D

5. When I joined first time around I had 'heavy metal hair' much like I do now- the ponytail was hacked off and draped over a giant plastic arrse we had on the troop (I was a scaley then) bar as a memento! Being young and naive I'd gone to the interview with long barnet, they said 'You do realise you'll have to cut that?' I was thinking 'You don't say do ya?' When I left, I went to uni and got back into music, and grew it long again, life just goes round in circles for me...I'm thinking infantry this time for the fitness and possibility of action, though obviously i'd want to be in a few years and make sure I was at the correct standard before thinking too much about tours or anything!

6. I don't know if there's one closer but get yourself up to B Coy, 4 PARA at White City or Croydon. I used to travel from Virginia Water, now Camberley, to both locations and the journeys to both are 'doable'. Staines is certainly closer to the former location than VW was for me.

7. Cheers Gluck_ab, certainly one to bear in mind, I am 29 now, that would still be alright for infantry right?

8. Yes, you're within the age bands. Have a look at www.4para.co.uk for more information.

9. Cheers for that, will go through the website and PM if I have more questions...

10. Good luck, EX-STAB, and welcome back!

11. Hi, I'm a 20 year old male interested in joining the TA, BUT I've had an ACL reconstruction ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anterior_cruciate_ligament_reconstruction within the past 2 years), and my eyes aren't exactly too good either (L-5.75 and R-6.26 as of 2002), however, as far as fitness goes, it's all there.

According to http://www.armyjobs.mod.uk/howdoijoin/canijoin/Pages/DoYouHaveaMedicalCondition.aspx people that have had "surgical repair of a knee cruciate ligament" cannot join, but other people with ACL reconstructions and/or worse eyes have gotten in.

I really have my heart set on this. Would I stand a chance of making the sigs or RLC?

12. best raise this in a separate thread.

13. msr

msr LE

There is a common standard, so you need to speak to the Doc at your local unit.

If you do not meet the standards for the TA, your local ACF would probably rip your arm off if you enquired about becoming an instructor.

msr

14. Ahh, okay, thanks. And sorry about posting in the wrong thread, I'm a n00b.

15. Don't worry. Maybe MSR could move it to the Health & fitness section?