Having a laugh

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by ugly, Nov 27, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Today whilst stagerring back through the Underground sewer that is the tube I espied an advert for new houses/reloacation:
    "Come to Corby where house prices are 140% lower than London!"
    Does that mean they're giving them away? Having worked there I wouldnt live there if you paid me!

2. Definately taking the piss should sell it as: "Corby the Buckfast drinking capital of England where everyone seems to be more Scottish than a Scottish fcuking thing."

editted for mong spelling

3. I used to live in Corby man moons ago before moving at a very early age (aged 4) before i got too indoctrinated!!, and no wonder the house prices are 140% cheaper, A)theres nothing there since they shut down the steel works, B) they all speak in scottish accents C) the place wouldnt be missed if it blew up D) All the town is basically one big council estate with dole bluggers, and chav kids, and Drunks on every corner!!

The only thing decent to come out of that town is the road out!!

4. You were very independent for your age 8O

5. So when is "Location,Location,Location" doing a Corby special then?

6. If youd lived there youd wanna escape at an early age aswell!!

7. Do you have to throw your own old cooker in the garden?
    And is the dogshit on the yard an option?

8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I drove to Corby from Oakham passing the lovely Rockingham Castle then the car race track, a proper one mind not just asda car park, then weetabix, followed by the Serbian Community centre, the Glasgow rangers supporters club, loads of boarded up houses, the burnt down bus station to the burnt down railway station long closed to the burnt down signal box. Its the only place I've signed off a risk assessment where being struck by a stolen motorbike trackside is a greater risk than beinghit by a train.
    All the kit was buried cables and all, and to top it off one of my testers was shot in the leg on his last day!
    I think I'll give it a miss!
    Now back to the advert can anything cost less than 100% in difference without being free or can we reprt the advert just to stop the sods ruining more lives. Thy're only trying to deepen the local gene pool which is probably the shallowest I've ever had the good fortune not to paddle in!