having a laugh with your car

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by Taff49, Jan 30, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i spend all day everyday in my reps road-rocket and like to have a laught either in my Galaxie or ome other snotter at the weekend.

To that end, is there any reason why I shouldn't buy a Porsche for less that £500? I reckon it would be a right laugh at that price, and I could properly drive it like I had stolen it
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I imagine you would get it 300 metres down the road before the engine packs in.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using ARRSE mobile app
  3. assuming it had an engine!
  4. Yes, it'll be a bag of shit.
  5. A tad uncalled for really. Compared to some of the shite you post, that's positively poetic. I know the guy personally and he is a total car freak, so let him dream on.
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Even the most hardcore dreamy car freak would not consider a £500 Porsche, unless it was a 924. Trouble is it is a 924.....pikey porsche.
  7. After seeing what he's done to some of the wrecks he's bought in the past, he truly can make a silk purse out of a sow's ear!
  8. I don't know why you are even here you throbber.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Does he fix them up in his shed?
  10. He probably does now, but at the time, he had an Wksp to play in ;-)
  11. Go for it, a £500 Porsche might need a little TLC to get it looking ok but it would be worth it.

Just make sure the late Ryan Dunn (Jackass) was not the last registered owner.
  12. You want a 2006 Impreza STI PPP, and i know a man that has one for sale funnily enough!!
  13. If you can find one try and dig out a 928 from somebody who's had one wasting away at the back of a garage. Chances are the electrics are shit and only ever worked on the day it left the factory. The V8 on the on the other hand is music once you get it running. A mate of mine had one which he brought back to life and refitted with new after market electrics. It wasn't cheap but after a new paint job and some fun he sold it on for a profit.